Herpes Community
Constant Herpes Prodrom Symptoms

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Constant Herpes Prodrom Symptoms

This is a bit more of a comment than a question, but please do read and consider.  What I'm writing is very important to a great many people!  I just want to reassure all of you with constant herpes prodrome symptoms that NO, this is not just something you are imagining!  Despite the dismissals and poo-pooing that you often hear from doctors, the bottom line is as follows...  

Of all the people I've met with herpes (and I know many), nearly every single one has eventually come to experience what many of you have described on this site, which is a point, after several years (usually 5-10), when the outbreaks stop completely, but are then replaced by CONSTANT, non-stop, very mild, but rather annoying prodrome symptoms.  For almost everyone, it is the same... mild itching, or tingling, or numbness (like a foot falling asleep, but somewhere in the genital region) that nearly everyone with herpes knows quite well.  None of us can figure out why this happens, but it DOES HAPPEN, and it's absolutely real.  

I wouldn't care at all, as I find these symptoms so mild that I basically can ignore what's happening, but the problem is that no one can offer a straight answer regarding whether or not this makes us constantly contagious.  For now, just know that you are not crazy!  This is real.  We all know where our first outbreak occurred, we all know what our prodrome symptoms are, and we all know that we are now experiencing THOSE symptoms in the exact same place where the outbreaks used to occur.  

I never had many outbreaks, even in the beginning, and even my first was quite mild.  My only concern was keeping my partners safe.  From the beginning, I refused to go on any daily suppressive medication, and to be frank, I'm very glad I never did.  I used condoms until I got married, and then I stopped.  My husband and I have been married for several years and he is still virus-free.  I strongly believe that refusing toxic medication and living very healthfully is the reason why my body became so strong early on and was able to suppress the virus entirely on its own.  

I hope that someday drug companies will put their efforts into researching CURES instead of just hooking us on pills with side-effects to help us "live" with all these viruses.  Until then, I will cope naturally, as I always have done.  I just really wish that the experts would listen to us and stop pretending that what we're experiencing isn't real.  This needs to be taken seriously, studies need to be done, and we need to be given answers as to whether or not we're contagious at the point when the outbreaks stop and the near-daily, very mild prodrome symptoms begin.

Thank you for reading and for your consideration in this matter.

This discussion is related to Constant Tingling post-initial HSV1 genital outbreak.
Thank you very much! Its such a shame there has been no real effort for a cure. This virus is simple enough to manipulate and control, why not a cure? I think it might have more to do with the bug business of the bio med industry--- pretty loathsome and  wrong, but just one more way money and greed can affect so many.
I am not sure where you are getting your information.  There is no cure for any virus we have.  If it is simple enough to manipulate we would have had the cure a while ago.

As for everything else being said I guess everyone is allowed their own opinion.  Because those that have HSV could have nothing else to cause such symptoms.
If they have a vaccination for the herpes Shingles and Chicken Pox virus (which is much stronger than HSV-1 and HSV-2) then they should have the ability to have a genital herpes vaccination. They will ride this milk train for as long as they can because there is a lot of money in misdiagnosis and medications. They are making billions off of genital herpes....they are in no rush to cure it.