Herpes Expert Forum
Does this sound like herpes?

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

Does this sound like herpes?

approx 8 months ago I had protected vaginal/anal sex and brief unprotected oral with a female of unknown status. However the condom broke during vaginal sex and i did not realise till maybe a minute after. 1or2 days later I felt a slight ache in my penis that lasted a second or 2. I suffer from anxiety and began searching the web for " penis pain " , unfortunately this only fueled my anxiety when the main subject was herpes. I began examining myself countless times a day. The brief pain came and went only ever lasting a second or two. I went to the hospital and was given a urine and blood test, all came back normal and the doctor said he saw nothing and it was not herpes. The pain continued for months , I saw a total of 7 doctors who all said : not herpes. I was tested for chlamydia and ghonorea (Gonorrhea) witch was negative. About 6 weeks aftr possible exposure I had an itch on the shaft of my penis that lasted a few hours( no redness or lesions ) it went away once I put moisturizer on it and never returned. However in the past month I have had 3 pinprick sized bumps resembling pimples on the shaft .They appeared about a week apart in different locations. Each time I was seen by a doctor who dismissed it as herpes and most likely a reaction to bath products I was using. The bumps did not itch or hurt and all were gone within about 24 hours.
I have a post on the herpes forum with a little extra info

My questions are

1. If the female did intact have herpes and I was infected, is it safe to say I would have had obvious symptoms by now? ( I don't get cold sores on my mouth , and if I do they aren't typical or noticeable )

2. Do my symptoms sound like herpes?

3. Are herpes sores usually obvious and hard to miss if you are looking for them?

4. Should I move on from thinking this is herpes?

5. A girl I am interested in gets cold sore strictly on her nose, is that considered oral herpes? Is her mouth contagious ?
Thank you.
Sorry you had to wait a couple of days - the thing that alerts me to new posts apparently isn't working.  

If you were going to have symptoms, yes, I think you would have had them by now.

Your symptoms sound absolutely NOTHING like herpes.  Period.  

Yes, you should DEFINITELY move on from thinking this is herpes.

Yes, herpes in the nose is considered oral herpes.  In the process of sorting out your symptoms, were you ever antibody tested?  Do you know if you have HSV 1?

Terri
I would also like to say thank you for all the great work you do on this site. It would not allow me to write it on the post due to the character limit. Also the aches in my penis haven't happened in months, I believe it was genitally focused anxiety.
Thanks for your answer! I can breath a sigh of relief. I was not given an antibody test. I asked for a type specific igg at 3 months past exposure at planned parenthood. The doctor informed me that in my province there is no available testing unless there are visible symptoms.
Well, that's OK then.  I honestly think the symptoms that you describe sound nothing like herpes.

terri
Fallow up question.
The other day I went to use the washroom and my penis head had a BRIGHT red patch on it, it did not itch or hurt. An hour later when I got home it was gone. Does this change your opinion?
It was not there earlier in the day, I would have noticed it.
Nope, it doesn't change my opinion.

Terri
If I need to pay to continue asking questions let me know and I will. I am having random pains in my thighs ( maybe nerve pain, don't know ) and a twitching muscle spasm that's been coming and going in my groin for the past week. Can herpes cause these symptoms? Still no visible sores
I also forgot to mention that the head of my penis seems red , doesn't hurt of itch but definitely doesn't look like it used to, I showed this to a doctor who said it looked pinkish and I shouldn't be concerned . But why would its appearance change after this encounter?? Also it gets very blotchy after masturbation, some spots red some spots white then returns to flat red or " pinkish" shortly after
None of this really changes my opinion here.  

Terri