Herpes Community
Fingering a girl then touching my penis

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Fingering a girl then touching my penis

About two weeks ago I was unknowingly with someone with genital herpes.  She performed oral sex on me, fingered herself then touched my penis.  I also fingered her then touched my penis.  I didn't know she had herpes until I wanted to go further.  She confessed she couldn't have sex because she was having a herpes outbreak.  I'm really freaked out and paranoid.  Is it likely to catch herpes from what we did?
this isn't a risk for you. no need for worry.

grace
Why is there no RISK for him. He had unprotected Oral Sex with her.

I find this forum a little contradictory with info from Doctors who state that from unprotected Oral sex you cannot get Herpes while all medical info I have read state that through Oral-Genital interaction you can get genital herpes??!
With oral sex there is always a risk of contracting genital hsv-1 if the person receiving oral sex does not have hsv-1 orally themselves, and the person giving oral sex does. I'm not entirely sure how big or small a risk it is though.

The reason the risk is so low is because most people already have hsv-1 orally, mostly dating back to childhood. It provides immunity to contracting it to other areas of the body, including the genitals.

HSV-2 is a totally different thing and the risk of contracting that from oral sex is *probably*so low that it's not worthwhile.

So maybe this is why you find the information conflicting.

I have personally never read any of the doctors here state that there is absolutely zero risk of anything, unless that particular persons experience/scenario was really no risk. Such as touching a bottle that an affected person has touched...

I think Grace was mostly refering to the fingering-penis contact.
the partner who had genital herpes, can not transmit their genital herpes to someone when performing oral sex on them. Now indeed, if they had oral herpes there was a risk but that was not what the poster was asking.

genital herpes is transmitted from direct skin on skin contact with the genital area.  someone touching their genitals and then touching someone's genitals isn't a way to transmit the virus either. it really just is not that easy to transmit that just touching someone transmits it.