Herpes Community
HPV 1 & 2 positive, partner HPV1 only positive

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

In  2008 I was tested for all STD's and everything was negative. I've been dating a man for 5 years. We both recently had blood  work for STD's and my HSV 1 and HSV2 are positive at <5.0. He tested positive for HSV1 at 2.62 but negative for HSV 2 - 0.17. He had genital warts removed in 2005  and now has them back again. He is scheduled  to  have them frozen and removed in a month. I have COPD and take 20mg. of Prednisone daily. My ob/gyn said my suppressed immune system would make me have higher levels of the HSV after exposure. I'm guessing I tested positive for HSV2 due to transmissision of the HSV1 from my partner due to his history. We are terribly confused about who might have infected whom, but I think his history with genital warts is the reason. Are we correct? I have not had any outbreaks or symptoms of either virus.
just to clarify - you got a result of hsv1 > 5.0  and also a separate result of hsv2 igg > 5.0? not just one result total?

also have you looked at your 08 testing to be sure that herpes was included? it's typically  not a part of routine std testing.

grace
Hello Grace and thank you for responding. Yes, to both of your questions. My lab report states as follows:HERPES 1 AND 2 IGG AB
Herpes 1 IgG Ab >5.00 H, Herpes 2IgG Ab >5.00 H (high). My ob/gny regularly tests for herpes, hpv and hiv as part of the test for std's. He physically showed me the report from July of 08 and pointed out the corresponding results which were all negative. My boyfriend and I split for 2 years between 2010 and 2012. I suffer from COPD and depression. I went no where and dated NO ONE during those 2 years. Both my children were married in that time period so my time was spent planning weddings, showers and then baby showers. He claims he did not date anyone and I have no proof to show otherwise. But since you state that herpes is not normally included in a std test, my boyfriend could have been postive for HPV (gential (genital) warts) long before this first removal of them in 2005. And my physician stated to me that if you have oral hsvl, you can pass it on to an individual through oral/genital sex. my boyfriend masturbates and uses his saliva as lubrication. We can not figure out how my HPV was negative and his is obviously positive because he is having warts removed later this month for the second time and I have both types of HSV and he has only HSVl? I have a compromised immune system due to the use of Prednisone which is a steroid. That obviously makes me more susceptible to being infected with a having a marker of >5.0 correct. At least that is the was I understood it from my physician. My boyfriend is looking for some sort of verification that HE gave me the HSV2 because he doesn't have it. Help!!
if your provider tests for hpv during your pap test, it only tests for hpv on the cervix. It won't pick up on external hpv infections like your partner has. it also doesn't test for anal hpv either.  

not likely that your hsv2 is a false negative with it being over 5 but if you need the peace of mind, you can seek out a herpes WB blood test to confirm your status.

do you recall how long before you were tested in 2008 that you had last had sex with someone other than your current partner? ( I know, that was a long time ago to remember details like that! )