Herpes Community
HSV-1 and Bells Palsy
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

HSV-1 and Bells Palsy

Hi... I am another victim of contracting Genital HSV-1 through oral sex.  I have been dealing with it for the last 20 years.

My current boyfriend does not have Herpes.  He was diagnosed w/ Bells Palsy a few years back and in my research I have read that Bells Palsy is believed to be linked with oral HSV-1.  Is this correct?  I guess my question would be if he more than likely does have oral HSV-1 (w/ no symptoms - never had an outbreak), what are his chances of contracting genital HSV-1 from me???

I'm trying to gather as much information as I can before confronting him with the fact that I have Herpes.  Please help provide me with as much information as you can regarding my issue.  Anything you can provide me will be of great use.

Thank you!
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
if he has hsv1 orally then yes indeed he has significant protection against contracting hsv1 genitally from you. Not 100% but it's up there. Typically just avoiding sex anytime you have obvious genital symptoms is all it takes.

At this point he'll need tested to see what his own status is. You want to make sure he doesn't have hsv2 which you can still contract.

grace
Blank
Grace,

Thank you for your quick response.  Although I know he's not protected 100%, it does make me feel better to know that at least he is more protected than most.

Do you mind me asking your status as far as if you're a doctor or how you may know this?  No offense, please, just wondering if you know this through medical knowledge or what you've read on the internet?
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
I am a medical professional but I am here on this forum as just one patient to another.

You can search through Terri Warren's, Dr Hook's and Dr Handsfields responses to hsv1 transmission too to confirm what I've said.

grace
Blank
Thank you sooooo much, Grace, I really do appreciate your time and input!!!
Blank
Have a Herpes question?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703