Herpes Community
HSV 2 IGG Result
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

HSV 2 IGG Result

I recently got my blood drawn and my result was 8.0 H for HSV 2 IGG.  Can anyone help me in understanding the result.  I have never tested positive before.
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
did you also receive a hsv1 result?

a hsv2 of 8 is a positive and not likely to be a false positive.

do you have aregular partner?

grace
Blank
Hi, I didn't receive a HSV 1 test/ result.  I "had" a regular partner up until 2 weeks ago.  I am no longer in a relationship.  I have never had an outbreak or any signs of an outbreak anywhere on my body.  Are there extensive tests that I can have done for more confirmation? I've already contacted my Dr. for further testing.  
Blank
Bump. I need advice as to my next step please
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
you should call and see if they can add on hsv1 testing too. it's important to know your status for both. also confirm that your testing you did have done was hsv2 igg specific and not a combined herpes igg too just to err on the side of caution.

really nothing else testing you need done.

have you read the free herpes handbook that we recommend in our read before posting post on the forum yet? it's full of helpful info  :)
Blank
Thank you Grace.  I must admit that I am a nervous wreck! I'll look for the handbook now.
Blank
I read the Westover Heights booklet.  Great read and it did help to calm my nerves down some.  Would you recomment that I see an Infectious Disease Dr or my regular PCP for suppressive antiviral meds?
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
your regular doctor is just fine for herpes treatment.

Blank
Ok tks
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979