Herpes Community
HSV2 transmission

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

HSV2 transmission

Hi! I need help. My partner and i have been a in a relationship for a few month now. we had tested for STD's prior to our committing. I had tested positive for HSV1 and HSV2.  i have never got a genital outbreak, but have had oral herpes since my teens and get one or two small outbreaks every years for past several years.  My partner had tested equivocal for HSV2 and positve for HSV1.

We had been using condom for intercourse, but no protection for oral sex. last night, we were intimate as useual. But what is freaking me out is that this morning, i have just noticed 5/6 small dots on my penis.

We had intercourse with a condom, but used no protection for oral and now a few hours later i see these bumps.

I am assuming this is an outbreak.  

What should we be doing?  I will go to a doc tomorrow fro a PCR swab to confirm and will get a blood test done as well. Could this be the HSV1 or my latent HSv2?  I am reading about transmisison and am confused.

Does HSv1 give an Ob in the penis? If this is HSv2, and she has tested equivocal,  then what is the possibility of her getting
1. HSV2 orally as there was direct contact
2. HSV 2 genitally even though i used a condom and there was no direct contact

Is there anything we can do besides my PCR swab for for us to wait and watch to see if she has an OB and wait for 4 weeks for a blood test in case she does not?

Please respond, we are very concerned.
Regards,
Ruben
if you both have hsv1 orally, not likely this is hsv1 genitally.

a recurrence of hsv2 isn't likely to present with 5-6 dots either.  

I will gladly take a look at both of your hsv2 igg results if you want to post them here - e.g. hsv1 igg 4.9 and hsv2 igg 3.8 or whatever they are to help you see if you need additional testing or not.

grace
thank you grace.  i had put some antiseptic lotion on the bumps and they seem to be going way.  Maybe it was something else (i hope). Will know the test results in the next few days.

For our information. If I had genital hsv 2 and my partner performed oral sex on me, would she potentially get hSv2 orally?
Also, what are chances of transmission through a condom?
thank you,
Ruben
she can contract hsv2 orally but the risk of such is very low.

if you avoided sex anytime you had anything going on genitally and used condoms, your partner would be 5-8% likely each year NOT to contract hsv2 from you on average.  daily suppressive therapy would bring her risk down to 2-3%/year.