Herpes Test results
I was recently tested for HSV 1 and HSV 2, as a part of a broad panel of STD testing.  I was negative for HSV1 and positive 1.2 for HSV2 (using the ig ELISA test for this type specific analysis.  Should I get a biokit test to confirm the positive results and what are the specific data on false positives for the original tests I took?
why did you get tested?

how long prior to being tested had you last had sex?

grace
I had never specifically been tested before for STD, other than HIV testing for a life insurance review.  I am completely asymptomatic.  During a stressful period in the last two weeks, I had a one night stand, and I had protected sex, but outside my relationship. I felt guilty and I wanted to make sure I wasn't infected.  I have not had sex with my partner since the incident and I want to make certain I did not have a false positive before I proceed.  I want to tell her, but I want to make sure I have all the facts (as best I can) before I explain the situation.  It seems I should get a biokit test or some other confirmatory test before I explain.  Is this correct?
you need to wait 3 months after you last had sex with this other partner to repeat your hsv2 igg to see what it is. If it's still under 5 and you haven't had any symptoms then you'll need further confirmatory testing done to see what your status really is.  

Thank you, Grace.  I have found this forum and your responsiveness amazing.  Would it be helpful to have the WB or some other test performed at this juncture?  Given what I've read, a negative HSV1 and low positive HSV2 test is pretty inconclusive.  I realize that I made a mistake and I feel extremely guilty about it.  Should I ask my partner to be tested?
you need to wait 4 months after the encounter to get the WB. no test you get at this point is going to give you accurate answers as to your status.  

Again, thank you.  I'll wait to get another test.  When I do, which is the most sensitive test?
Wb is the better test to get but you have to wait longer. at this point I'd repeat the testing you had done at the 4 month mark and go from there.
Good, I'll wait.  Can you let me know where I would order the biokit or the WB test?  I live in NYC, so I'm sure the access is not bad to either test.