Herpes Community
Herpes infection whom did i get it from?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

I am male and had protected sex with a new female partner over the weekend on friday and again on sunday. Almost a week goes by and on friday I then went on to have protected sex with another female that i have had sex with before in multiple occasions. I never had a cold sore or genital herpes before. However, on sunday evening i began feeling pinching and itching along with a small pimple like bump on my right upper aspect of pubic area accompanied by a very painful groin related to swollen lymph nodes also had flu like symptoms. Decided to apply polysporin and hydrocortisone thinking this was an ingroin hair that got perhaps infected but no relief for 2 days. Blisters form and drained purulent not foul drainage. Finally went to go see my GP whom visually diagnosed as being genital herpes swabs were sent showing that i was HSV type II positive.
Questions:

1. Which one of those two girls were most likely to give me the HSV infection since neither had obvious sores or ulcers around their genitalia?

2. Applying the topical creams polysporin and hydrocortisone might have made the infection worse if i did t use those creams symptoms werent going to be as bad maybe or increase surface area initially affected?

3. Is the pubic area considered thick skin? To prevent infecting a subsequent partner in addition to a condom should i be covering the pubic area during intercourse?

Thanks regards
have you informed both partners so that they can both seek out type specific herpes igg blood testing?

have you ever had herpes igg blood testing done prior to this?

can you tell who you got it from? not without them being tested to see who has what.

topical steroids makes herpes worse :(  

have you read the free herpes handbook yet that we recommend in our read before posting post on the forum? It goes into where you shed from with ob's and in between obvious recurrences.

grace
Hello Grace thank you or the prompt reply the answer to all your questions is NO.

I wasnt sure which one of the girls to confront about this. Do you suggest i speak to both of them and ask them both to get tested?

For the specific igg test do i have to go thru my GP or can i get it done on any lab?

What is "ob's" ? Are you able to sen me a link for the free handbook i would be happy to read it

Regards
I'd speak to them both. at this point you don't know if it's a newly acquired infection for you or your first obvious recurrence of a prior infection. let them both know what is going on so that they too can seek out type specific herpes igg blood testing too. if they both test negative and this turns out to be just your first obvious recurrence of a prior infection, they can then know to repeat their testing in a few months to see if they contracted hsv2 from you or not.

your regular provider can order up type specific herpes igg blood testing.

ob = out break

the handbook link is in our read before posting post :)