Herpes Community
Herpes or something else?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes or something else?

I recieved unprotected oral sex from a Csw and 5 days later I got weired pimples on my penis I went to the doctor and had full panel test done for hsv1 and hsv2 both came back negative and the doctor told me that their wasn't even the slightest sign of herpes based on the culture and blood work that I had done. He said that the bumbs where not herpes related an that it was probably normal for me because I am not circumcised. I know the test was done only a week after exposure but the doctor said that, that would be enough time to see some signs. My only concern is that it has been two weeks since I went and I still have these pimples, they haven't popped and don't look like lession or cold sores but I am worried. I just wanted to get everyone thoughts on this, I know you can't accuratly test for herpes until the three month mark but does this sound like herpes?? They don't hurt either
All answers are appreciated

was way too early to reflect a newly acquired herpes infection in your blood testing.

is it worth more herpes testing? no it is not . your symptoms don't sound like herpes at all so don't bother thinking herpes any more from this encounter.
She didn't have any sores on her lips and they are small bumbs not that look like pimples

Any opionions!??
these don't sound like herpes going on. could be something normal, could be irritation, could be a fungal infection or many other things going on.  at this point I'd wait a week and see if they go away and if not, either return to your provider or seek out the opinion of a dermatologist.

grace
That's exactly what my doctor said he said that if they where herpes then I would have antigens visable and I didn't at all and still had these same bumbs haven't got any bigger or smaller.

How long does it take for herpes to sores to but open?

And herpes isn't that big a deal the not knownimg is what is getting me.
no reason to think this is herpes.

herpes lesions would be open sores within a day or two of appearing.
Okay I can defiantly see where you are coming From my bumbs are nothing like that they are slightly uncomfortable but they have never ruptured and it has been over 20 days since they have appeared. Was the doc assessment correct "if the bumbs would have been herpes then I would have had some signs of antigens" ? Only reason I ask is because I went to a regular doctor not a specialist and I know sometimes regular docs have a hard time diagnosing herpes

I have gotten a cold sore along time ago when I was younger is it true that this greatly lowers my chances of accruing hsv?
And I tried to tell my doctor this when I went and he said that based on the way the irration looked that a test would be able to tell if it was herpes and that he could assure that a week after was enough time to see antigens.
I went ahead and took the test anyways but I don't understand why medical professionals are so far behind with such a common dieses.
He told me that my body showed almost no signs of the virus and if I had acquired it then either my igg or igm levels would be elevated and they where not at all. He also said that the bumbs never ruptured so their was no sample available off of to do a culture.

What do you think was his assesment in the ball park?
hsv1 doesn't provide any significant protection against contracting hsv2.  

I've already said this doesn't sound at all like herpes going on.