Herpes Community
Herpes or something else?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes or something else?

I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend of 5 months about a week ago, and this morning i woke up and i put my hand in my pants and felt some type of sore on my scrotum. I usually have acne on my scrotum, it didnt itch as I recall, but it was extremely sore to the touch and it had almost like a white tip like acne if I recall correctly. So i decided to pop it. It looked like a regular pimple, but I went to school and got back and it was now an open sore, i squeezed it a bit and some discharge/puss came out, it doesnt itch at all, just is kind of sore, and the open sore is sensitive. Can someone diagnose this? If you have any questions please ask, thanks!
Tags: scrotum, hs1, HS2
Be seen by your physician if you are concerned. Herpes doesn't usually have a whitehead and usually do doesn't pop easily.
If you can, have this swabbed by your physician and you will get a definite answer on whether this is herpes or not. If you can't get this swabbed and do not develop obvious symptoms in the future then you can be tested 3 months after exposure via an igG type specific herpes blood test (HSV-1 and/or HSV-2).

Have you been tested for herpes in the past? HSV-1 or HSV-2?