Herpes Community
Herpes test results 1.90 hsv. Anyone else?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Herpes test results 1.90 hsv. Anyone else?

Received my results from my test and unfortunately  they came out to be .33 hsv 1 and 1.90 hsv 2.

I've been with my girlfriend since mid 2012 and not sure when was the first time of our unprotected encounter.

Have people here or you know fall down from a 1.90? I took a test yesterday but just want some support now. Been miserable 24 hours.
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
has your gf been tested to know her own status?

your hsv2 igg is a low positive and will need confirmed with further testing to see if it's a true positive or not.  do you know what testing you had done yesterday?

grace
Blank
Just want to say thank you. Your replies have helped calm me down today with everything going on.

I read about 1.1 to 3.5 being false. Scariest part is receiving the numbers over the phone as 3.49. I broke down. Called again and they made a mistake and it was 1.90.

She says she's good. But I don't think she has has proper bloodwork. She had a test at her gyno and they said she was good as of last month.

From your experience have you seen people with a 1.90 around there be false positive in the end? The test yest comes tmrw. I didn't wait 6 weeks.
Blank
Same qwest test again.
Blank
Hi grace...Second test came back and it was a 1.60. Went down. I heard it fluctuates but just wanted to hear your thoughts. Don't think you realize how great things sound coming from you
Blank
The test was one week apart, herpeselect igg and about 5 weeks since last exposure
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
it's still a low positive and the changes in actual numbers really is meaningless.

odds are your gf wasn't properly tested for herpes. at this point she needs to get her actual test results or if she hasn't been tested, get tested, and then we can see when you should seek out the confirmatory testing.
Blank
Oh ok I thought being the time is now greater it going down would mean that less antibodies were trying to fight whatever was there.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...