Herpes Community
Herpetic Whitlow

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpetic Whitlow

I am not sure if i am getting the symptoms of herpetic whitlow or not.
About 8 days ago i think my right index finger came into contact with someone elses herpes blister (not 100% sure). I dont believe i had any cuts or openings on my finger, it was on the side of my finger not near the nail. However about 2 days later the side, top part of my right index finger (the one that was touched) has had a bruised sensation only when you touch it for the past 6 days. Is this a normal predome symtpom for herpes or would i have gotten blisters by now. The fingers looks normal but is sore. I do have a bit of anxiety over these things so could that be the problem?

Kind regards

Mike
you would've had obvious lesions by now.

grace
Thanks a lot Grace :) the pain is still there, is there any way for me to check what it is? or have a test to make sure.. im not too fussed about having it but don't want to risk infecting others.
nothing they can do without obvious symptoms to culture.