Herpes Community
How long does it take a Vaginal Herpes blister/pimple to burst?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

I've had this weird red bump on the inside of my vagina for what I know for sure 2 days. It's only tender when you push down on it, and it feels hard. I can't figure out if it's a blister waiting to burst, or a cyst, or pimple...I don't know! I went to my gyn and got it cultured the minute I noticed it yesterday.

How long does it usually take for a herpes blister to form and pop?
Usually herpes lesions do not feel hard.

Did your gyn think it looked like herpes?

grace
My primary doctor said it doesn't look like herpes.
but your gyn cultured it anyways? did your gyn feel that it was herpes or were they just trying to assuage your fears about it?

grace
He said he wouldn't have thought anything of it, but I'm nervous about everything and never saw something like that before...so he swabbed it for herpes just to reassure me and to be safe. But he told me not to worry, and my primary doctor told me that she said it didn't look like herpes.

But what's the time duration from the beginning of the sore to it popping? is it hours? days?
no one thinks this is herpes. perhaps it's time you stopped thinking that too?

It differs from person to person for how long it takes but usually even with the first ob it's only a few days max.  

grace
I'm just so worried, I'm sorry if i sound neurotic, I don't mean to.

Is it possible for women to get just regular pimples inside the vagina? I don't know if that's a dumb question, but I know nothing about all of this stuff and am trying to learn as much as I can.

I just don't want to go on thinking about this not being herpes, and then come monday when I get my results back come to find out I do.

Also, if someone were to have cold sores or fever blisters, would they always show up positive on an igg blood test? How can people have neither type 1 or 2 and always show up positive on an igm?

thanks!
You can ge tpimples, you can get cysts, you can get blocked oil glands etc.  

The igm is a bad test for herpes and shouldn't be done ever.

grace
Thank you for your patience with me. I drew blood on Monday to get another IGG test done, and my doctor swabbed that red bump I have...and all over the place down there to go in for a culture test. There is also a teeny tiny little pimple I found down there, but it's not tender, doesn't burn or sting, and is flesh colored. I just can't stop analyzing myself down there.

I'm just not quite sure how the symptoms should "feel." I've heard the whole "you'll know it if you got it" thing, but i don't believe that. Seems like there are a lot of people that never showed any symptoms! So, I guess that's what has me so worried.

Is it possible for someone to have cold sores but not test positive for hsv-1? and vice versa?
I am having the exact same thing! I have a pimple looking sore inside my left labia, and it just looks like a normal pimple. It had a white head and when I was trying to get a better look it kinda poped and i squeezed it and just like a pimple it started bleeding a little. there is no pain, no itch, and no problems while urinating. And there is only one sore, the skin is smooth and at the beginning just like yours when u press it it would hurt a little and feel hard. Now this is the 3rd day it certainly is smaller but still there... I am paranoid a little... I don't know how herpes sores should look or feel like.. Is there a way to distunguish them? Are the herpes sores should look like watery blisters or more like regular pimples? Are they always extremely painful or not? Anybody can answer?

Thank you...
It is best if you go to the top of the board and post your own question so that someone can help you specifcially with your concerns dirrectly. Also read the very first post which helps to  understand how the board works. You can just copy your quetion and paste it into a new post.
last tym i had this kinda-pimple in my vagina.it has swollen and painful to the point that i can hardly walk..after a week it burst out..a lot of abscess and blood came out..but there is still this excess skin on my left labia..it's smooth,soft and it is not painful..but i worry because the swollen part before didn't return to it's original form..could this be anything alarming?hope you could help me
Hello, I just saw your post, LOL well I am a few years late. However, I have the same condition. did you get diagnosed?