Herpes Community
I believe I may have herpes but I have no sores..

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

A few days ago right after my period I became very sore, red, and itchy down there with paper cut like cuts at the very top of my vagina, the sides of my labia, and the bottom. This has happened to me twice before over the past like 4 or five years. I passed it off as a yeast infection and i took canesten oral last night along with the cream and it seems to have improved a little bit. But a few days ago i noticed a tiny pimple on my areola and that's exactly what it looks like, but its kindof scabbing now and im terrified it may be a sore. Then tonight i went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and my tongue is yellow except for a specific red patch at the left tip. its not a sore and it doesn't hurt but im freaking out. i also have severe lower back pain. I'm suffering from the flu right now which can explain the lower back pain and whiteish/yellowish tongue but im completely terrified its herpes. i don't have any bumps on my vagina, just the paper cuts and sore red itchyness. Ive never been tested for anything i just turned 20 and im freaking out and i feel sick about it. Can somebody please please tell me what is happening?!=((
odds are you've never been tested for herpes before this.  to get type specific herpes igg blood testing in canada, you have to pay out of pocket and make sure your provider orders the right testing.  they tend to goof and order non-type specific testing which isn't helpful.

did you get seen to get properly tested for yeast?

grace
no you're right i've never been tested before this, im going to the doctor's tomorrow to ask for a igg blood test, i don't think i have to pay for it though cause my mom works for the health region. i didn't get properly tested for yeast but i had this happen before and it was definitely a yeast infection, but i guess im dumb and just sort of assumed it was, but the canesten helped so i really don't know. there's no sores or bumps or anything, just some sort of paper cuts. im really scared!
going to be seen and getting a proper exam is the best thing to do at this point.