Herpes Community
Is it herpes or genital warts

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Is it herpes or genital warts

The last time I had sex was August 3, since then I didnt have sex, few weeks ago, I had some perineum cuts.  I went to OB-GYNE and had pap test and High Vaginal Swab test, tests were normal, I asked my OB about the cuts, she can't even explain to me, she just gave FUCICORT cream which I applied to my perineum cuts(from vagina to anus), these perineum cuts are like paper cuts, and after I put the cream, after a day, it's gone, then it didn't come back, but since starting of Nov. I was experiencing some skin protruding on the left side cut I had before, i had 1 tiny bump like skin tag, but not hanging, and 2 like warts but doesn't look warts and I can't explain, it's a bit rough, not even look like blisters, I am always checking my vagina if I have some warts inside or in vulva and i have nothing.  Please help me .. I am freaking out.
you need to return to be seen again. we'd totally be guessing as to what is going on.

do these sound like herpes? no they do not.

grace
Thanks for the reply Grace, do you think these are genital warts?they are very small, and for sure, I will have genital warts because I asked that guy he had 4 while we had sex that time.  I think mine is just developing.  My next question is, if I will be healed in a month, I can't have sex anymore after that? is there a possibility to pass genital warts to the next partner even you are healed and warts are gone?
and I have flu like symptoms now and I have canker sore at the gum under my tongue, and I felt like I am deaf but not, like there's something blocking inside my ear connected inside that causes slight headache.
they could be warts or they could be something completely normal too.

did you have your gardasil shots for hpv yet?

sounds like you have an upper respiratory virus too on top of this :(  feel better soon!!
thanks again grace, I just went to the doctor today, and she said, it's beginning warts, I told her bout my flu-like symptoms, she checked my ear , my tongue and everything, she said it's normal, she just confirmed about the warts, and gave me HPV test done, CBC and urine, but now I felt like I have fever inside, but just these morning, when they checked me, it's 37.4.  This doesn't sound herpes , right?  Since it was more than 3 months, i didn't have any blisters yet, just a canker sore on the lower gum under my tongue.  It's not cold sore right?
I didn't have gardasil shots yet. :(
Hey sweetie.  Start working on increasing your immune system and tweek your diet (more fruits, veggies, and lean meat).  Check out Bueller's Kitchen online and look her up on facebook.  Vit C, B, E, A, and DIM plus are helpful.  Keep up with your cervical exams
oh also increase your folic acid intake to 4000 mcg a day.  Any good OBGYN will tell you that especially if you have warts freezed off your cervix
what testing for hpv did they do? did they do a pap with hpv testing?

if you need the peace of mind of herpes testing, seek out a type specific herpes igg blood test 3 months post encounter to see what your status is.

how are they going to treat your warts?
Thanks ladybug, but I am on diet for a very long time, but i know that it's not a healthy diet, I am suffering now for this feeling like deaf, but not, you think i have this swollen lymph nodes?

Hi Grace, she did a pap test for HPV testing and she prescribed aldara.  HPV testing is so expensive, i dont know if there's a test for herpes as well here too.  I am afraid I will be deported.  And I am in a muslim country.  They did blood test, but the nurse just told me CBC, they can't detect any disease such as herpes or HIV?
pap testing with hpv testing only looked for hpv infections on the cervix. it won't detect if these external symptoms are hpv related or not.

a cbc doesn't look for any std's. you need separate and specific testing for std's.
thanks for the reply Grace, is there no symptoms if you have HPV, been experiencing this headache connected to ears and neck..
no, hpv infection won't cause a headache.

have you had your ears checked for signs of an ear infection?
hi grace, the doctor said, my ears are fine, I just had an ultrasound for thyroid, she said, there's a bump on the left but the radiologist told me its on the right, i dont know who to believe.  I just had my blood test result and everything is normal, my urine is normal she said, but i wonder about this below

Epithelial cells 5-7(range 0-2), Pus cells 3-5(range 0-5) and Erythrocytes 1-3(range 0-2), I based them all to the range, it's out of the range, what does this result mean?
Btw grace, is it possible that if you have HPV , you will also have HSV?  I have a canker sore, it's now healing, it's been 2 weeks, as located on the gum under the tongue, I have a small circle wound on my feet coz of the sandals but it doesn't have any blisters or fluid like, I have a small pealed skin on my lips due to being dry, is this normal or these sounds herpes?
why do you think that everything must be herpes?
coz i have read the symptoms of herpes, i had fever last saturday. i am afraid to have herpes as well.sometimes i have muscle aches
really, not everything is herpes. if you are concerned about symptoms, be seen promptly.
thanks grace, but one question, if  someone is infected with HPV already and symptoms arised already and has herpes as well, all of the symptoms will come out together and can be seen, right?
they are two totally different infections.
I had my ultrasound result for thyroid, and I have posted it as well,I will go back on saturday to the doctor, but as per my sister, i have swollen lymph node, do you think this is herpes? as it is related to my throat, sometimes, i feel itchy a bit in my body, but just a one time scratch, do you this is herpes?
what do you think about the 2 tiny dots on my inside lower lip and a red single pappilae on my tongue?do you think its herpes?
doesn't sound like herpes.
Thank you Grace.. :)
Grace last question, how can you identify cold sores/fever blisters in lips / mouth? Because I have this tiny bubble-like fluid filled like blisters inside lower lip(front of lower teeth).  They are small ones, painless, it comes and go.  I can feel them through my tongue.  I have read on the internet, some said, cold sores/fever blisters , so I'm quite confused what to believe in this.
usually if they are painless, they aren't due to herpes. I forget what those little bubbles are called but they aren't due to herpes. ask your dentist about them the next time you are there. it's too early in the morning for me to be thinking :)
Thanks Grace
Grace, help, Just this afternoon, I noticed a small bump at the side of my lips, it is only 1, I can't tell if it has fluid or just a pimple or a white head, when I try to press it, it doesn't cause any pain.  If this just arised today itself, if it's a blister, how many days will it stay right there just to know if it's herpes? how can I really Identify if it's a pimple or herpes?, it's only 1..  
Grace, I just got the result yesterday, I have HPV 6, 16, and 82. :( , I got itchy down there since last week since I started taking CIprofloxacin, the doctor tested me yesterday for Hepa, Chlamydia and BP3.  I even told her about a tiny open sore(like a very small cut), she said, its the reaction of skin from aldara, I even saw a wart inside when I tried to open vagina, she said to just put aldara on it.  Until now she didn't give me any meds yet to take.  My question is, how can you identify the itchiness of other STD such as Chlamydia, etc and Herpes itchiness?  Got this itchiness for a week without any lesions, bumps, sometimes, itchy thighs but not really that much itchy and I got all these symptoms only after 3 months  of exposure.
your lip symptoms don't sound like herpes at all.

so your pap was normal but your hpv test came back +?

did she look at what you thought was a wart inside your vagina to confirm that indeed it is a wart?  

did they recheck you for yeast and bacterial infections vaginally when you were seen?

I had my pap smear first week of October, everything was normal.  The HPV test(smear test/pap test) results I took this Saturday was the test this Nov. came from Germany was HPV 6, 16, 82.  Unfortunately I have low and high risks of HPV.  :'(

She took swab test on me 24th of Nov. for Chlamydia, BP3, and Antigen, Antibody for Hepatitis.  The results will be this Saturday.

Everything about my Thyroid tests were normal, they have only seen enlarged node on the right side, but still waiting for Parathyroid result.  I still have this feeling that something is stucked on throat, nausea feeling.  I dont know if this is also connected to HPV. Do you think it's connected with HPV?

I told her bout the flesh colored lump right side of vagina, she said it's a wart, so she told me to put aldara on it.

What I also wonder is that there is a sore that keeps on going back, it's next to warts, I asked her about it, she said, it was burnt skin irritated because of aldara, it burns when i splash water on it.She hasn't given me any creams for that, and right side of that, where I shaved it on Saturday, formed a rash, not itchy, no pain, no pus,no blisters.  Do you think it's a rash caused by shave or it's fungal  infection as well?

I have never developed any sores, never had any symptoms for 3 months, then all came out starting Nov.  

I felt like my life is over.  Anxiety is killing me with all these symptoms that couldn't get any answers.
A normal pap with + hpv test means you just need to get pap tests regularly. the low risk strains of hpv will go away on their own. most of the high risk hpv strains will too. unless your pap is abnormal, we don't worry much at all about being + for hpv. we don't even recommend testing women your age for hpv unless you have an abnormal pap.

just be careful applying the aldara to that wart. it will irritate the skin so make sure you are careful to only get it on that area.   it's unfortunate that they didn't specifically look at that area. many times in that area it isn't a wart going on.  also I wouldn't shave any more at this point until everything is back to normal down yonder.  

no reason to think your throat symptoms are hpv related at all.  
Thanks grace, it's after shaving there's something formed like 2 pimples far from each other, it has yellow at the center, it doesn't hurt, do u think these are hair follicle due to shaving?  How about the rash like right side of the perineum, it's just red, no formed blisters, doesn't itch.

I also have a small white head pimple at the side of my lips, it ddoesn't hurt nor itch, it was there last thursday, after 3 days, it just disappeared when I accidentally wiped my mouth but that white head is hard, not fluid, I could even pressed it using my nails, now that white head again is back, still at the same place, it was only one day that it was gone, then it's back, does this sound like a pimple to you or this sound like herpes?
yep, probably ingrown hairs or a folliculitis from shaving.  

continue to be seen when you have new symptoms to try to figure out what all is going on at this point.

follow up with herpes igg blood testing at the 3 month mark just to know your status.
Thank you grace.  Have a nice day
Hi again grace, I am sorry for another question, do you have any idea what's the cause of perineum cuts like paper cuts? I have one paper cut like again on my perineum near anus.  Is this yeast infection/fungal infection or herpes? ever since I have this paper cuts thing on my perineum it just keeps on going back.  It doesn't have any blisters, not painful at all, just stings a bit or get itchy a bit if I move.
be seen every time you have symptoms. they can test you for yeast infections when you are seen to try to figure out what is going on.
Hi again grace, another question, since I know that I have 6, 16, and 82 risks of HPV, if I will have the Gardasil vaccine since im turning 28 on Jan. it won't work on body anymore? or it still can prevent cervical cancer someday?

And since i have these strains, does this mean if I am going to kiss a new boyfriend, he will have the same strains as well even we won't have sex?
no real point to getting the hpv vaccine at this point since you are already infected :(  

no real reason to think that you would give someone hpv by kissing them.
thanks grace :(
grace, another question, does herpes appear 1-2 days only? i mean it appears and gone after 2 days?  Second question, If you're taking acyclovir already for 3 days, does herpes reappear?

My doctor just gave acyclovir 800 last saturday and I started taking it, but before that, remember I used to get perineum cuts that appears and gone after a day or two and she said, it's normal for perineum to split sometimes.  Two weeks ago, before another wart appeared on the skin above clitoris, it appeared as splitted skin/paper cut/tear then it became a wart, then now the wart is gone after applying aldara, it became like tear/split/paper cut and they are 2 but only 1 wart appeared on it, but the wart is already gone.  Does this sound herpes?

I've been tested negative for Chlamydia,Trich,Candida, Gardinerella, Hepatitis.

The splits dont burn, they just itch sometimes but tolerable, it doesn't hurt, doesn't form blisters, doesn't take longer than after 2 days.  It just comes and go.

Does this sound herpes?
usually just cuts in the skin aren't due to herpes, especially when painless.  unfortunately with the aldara, your genital skin is going to be messed up for awhile. when you are done with it, talk to your obgyn about starting topical estrogen cream for a few months to strengthen your genital skin more. meanwhile do something as simple as - only plain mild soap to the genital area - white unscented dove is a good one.  apply a barrier cream to the genital area like desitin, aquaphor, xinc oxide or any diaper cream ( yes, a grown adult using diaper cream...lol ).  That will help protect your skin which is helpful even when using the aldara as well as helps to moisturize.    also look at changing toilet paper too - sometimes even the "best" toilet paper can cause us gals issues too.  

best of luck getting everything back to normal down yonder!
thanks again grace , I will try the cream, hope it works.  But does herpes appear 1-2 days only? i mean it appears and gone after 2 days? And does herpes appear even 3 days after taking Acyclovir? How can we really identify herpes?  Sorry grace, it's just hard to understand :(
recurrences can go away that quickly but odds are these aren't herpes related as I've said multiple times now.

follow up with igg testing at the proper time for peace of mind :)
another question, shall I apply estrogen cream even the cuts are present?
yes you can.
ok i'll do that, thanks grace.. :)
Grace sorry again, today morning(Saturday), I freaked out after seeing black spots(looked like burnt by cigarette), 3 of it, and another 1 is on the right side labia minora below my urethra, it's not painful, it's just itchy sometimes, it's in the middle of vaginal opening and clitoris which is below the urethra.  Last Saturday, I was given by my doctor Acyclovir, just yesterday I have finished Acyclovir(friday), then this morning(saturday), these spots appeared.  I went to my GP this morning and let her check it, she said, it looks like burnt spots , she didn't give me medicine.  She said it doesn't look like herpes, and she said, if it opens and if it hurts, she will swab it for herpes.  Do you have any idea about this?  Does this sound herpes?

I was thinking if it's herpes, why would it appear right after I finished 1 week Acyclovir 800 mg.?  Please help me grace..
Grace, Im wrong, I think it is in Urethra itself, it's black , painless sores surrounding the urethra.. :(
it doesn't sound at all like herpes going on.

ddi your gp bother to do any testing at all?
My GP said yesterday, it doesnt look herpes, but whenever i look at it, it looks like black ulcer surrounding urethra and another black ulcer on the right side of labia minora.  GP said, it it opens and i feel any pain, she's gonna swab it.  

Grace, am I right with my conclusion? that, it is not herpes because I have just finished Acyclovir for a week, then after 1 week, these black ulcers/sores on urethra appeared?

I really couldn't find any answers on net. It's black sores/ulcers which is painless
so no testing for yeast and bacterial infections vaginally. No swabbing of the lesion for bacterial skin infections? nothing?

usually when the lesions look black it's because there was enough irritation to cause bleeding. This typically doesn't happen with herpes and recurrences also tend to be single lesions.
She didn't do any testing Grace since I had chlamydia, trich, gardnirella,candida tests a week ago and all are negative.  These black sores just came out suddenly yesterday morning, right the day after I finished Acyclovir.  For me, they look like ulcers.  I am so afraid now.  I am looking for some Urethritis or whatever, couldn't find any answers, I dont even feel any pain when I urinate.  It's itchy actually but tolerable if I press it, I dont scratch it.  And still my throat hurts, this is over a month now with my throat, still getting answers since I've been through a lot of tests. :(
I'd try to see your gyn monday if you are able to get an appointment. hopefully they do a more thorough job.
I just made an appointment, it would be on tuesday.  I just hope she won't declare it's herpes, coz I can't take to have a double such deadly diseases in this world.  thanks a lot for the info grace, i'll just update you on tuesday.  Good night
you weren't applying aldara in this area were you?
I am not applying aldara on that area, only on the right side of vaginal opening inside, coz I have wart inside and she told me to put aldara on it, Its impossible for aldara to scatter there on urethra.   :(
grace, last night, an ulcer formed on that right side labia minora inside, the spot i told u aside from urethra.  It formed an ulcer/like canker sore, it's only one on the right side, but isn't painful when i press it.  And i started to have yellow discharge.  Do you think this is herpes now?   I just dont get it.  Why did these black thing that surrounds urethra and a spot that now turned into ulcer/canker sore right after I finished taking Acyclovir.  Do you think this is a side of Acyclovir or Aldara?

And I've been asking the stupid guy if he has herpes, he is telling me, he has nothing, nothing on his body, he didn't get sick , no flu or whatever.

Do you think this is yeast infection even I had test with Chlamydia,Trich,Candida and Gardnirella which are all negative?  I have an appointment tomorrow, but I just want to know what you think about this grace, if you think this doesn't sound herpes still.
sounds like normal skin issues from the aldara. Honestly at this point I'd stop using it.  
Sorry again grace, this morning, when I went to the toilet, I checked mine, the black sores that surrounds urethra are slightly black now but inflamed urethra, an ulcer/like canker sore formed on that black thing last saturday on the right side of labia minora, 2-3 weeks ago, i have like skin irritation/rashes on the right side as what I have told  you last time, now, i have both, right nd left side rashes which the center is perineum area (vagina to anus), the rash formed on the left side are likes small sores,like they were pressed by a needle at the center to have open sores but they are very small..  It's like everyday , i have a new symptom down there, it just doesn't stop.  It makes me crazy each day.
i'd follow up with your gyn monday .
Grace, I haven't gone to my Gyne last Tuesday but I went to my GP last thursday, I was wrong, I thought it was rash, but it just instantly occurred as painful sores.  I had it Monday, it was gone Tuesday.  I told my GP bout that sores, she said it's herpes, when she looked inside my vagina, I have 2 ulcers, 1 big and 1 small which are painless, she said maybe it's syphilis.  She didn't swab on anything.  If I will get tested, I need to pay more for herpes and syphilis test.  I asked her if it's possible that it 's the cream, she said, it's possible .  This is what happened grace, I put on aldara Saturday last week , then painful sores appeared on left and right side of perineum(vagina to anus), Monday, I got that painful sores.  I am supposed to put Aldara on Monday but I didn't, so after I had my appointment with GP, I put again aldara, then this saturday, I had this painful sores again.  I am suspecting it's Aldara.  

If this is herpes, is it possible that it will occur on Monday and gone in Tuesday and again appear on Saturday? And I've got slight pain that saturday when I sit, it's like pain in the buttocks because of the painful sores i have(the pain is close to the painful sores like the pain is in the bone or something).I will totally stop aldara for the meantime, the problem grace is that, i have 3 warts inside my vagina now and 1 outside.I still have to wait end of january to get all these since the Doctor who can get all these is on vacation. :( , what do you think grace?
no, herpes won't come and go this quickly.

warts are a cosmetic issue only, not a health risk. Not a big deal to stop treating them at this time.   I'd consult a different gyn at this point to be honest. I'm a bit suspicious of the diagnosis the gyn you usually see. usually these aren't warts but just normal skin.  Very easy to remove one and send it to the pathology lab to confirm.