Herpes Community
Is the blister on my lower lip after wisdom tooth extraction normal?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

I went in for the procedure and my lip was totally fine. I also do not have a history of cold sores. What could this be? Should I get it cultured tomorrow? Right after the procedure it looked like a clear bubble of sorts, and it popped when I moved my lip. Now there is just a section that looks like clear or grey skin. I'm kind of concerned I could have caught a staph infection, mrsa, or hsv 1 or 2? Any help is highly appreciated.
Be seen by your provider this doesn't sound like herpes but could be anything.  
it's pretty common for oral surgery procedures to trigger hsv1 recurrences. It also is common for canker sores to occur after procedures as well as just general trauma from all the instruments and hands they have stuffed in your mouth while they remove your wisdom teeth.  

really no reason to have this looked at from the sounds of things. You have a history of hsv1 - do you keep antivirals on hand to use when you have recurrences? Certainly wouldn't hurt to take a round to treat this. Otherwise just keep applying lip balms/vaseline for comfort until it heals.

grace
I'm sorry, you read that wrong. I DON'T have a history of hsv1 that's why I was concerned. I went back to the dentist and he told me that it was definitely his instrument that caused it. Freaked out before that and had a doctor look at it and he was unimpressed. I was just being paranoid haha. Thanks Grace!!!!