Herpes Community
My Girlfriend has a cold-sore and she wants to sleep over.
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

My Girlfriend has a cold-sore and she wants to sleep over.

Ok basically my most recent blood test which I was tested for everything revealed a positive HSV-1...although I don't get any cold sores and whatnot I guess my immune system is good.Now my girlfriend of 5 months got another cold sore...and she was showing me on webcam yesterday cause she smiled she said and it cracked and started to bleed.Also she said she didn't feel no pain or itching or anything with this specific sore...could it be something else first off? It's right on her bottom lip not on the outside of it..it had the yellow crust and now it bled.

My real worrisome question is that she wants to sleep over tomorrow night and the next night,and I am bit of and OCD freak sometimes and I am scared sleeping on the same bed that I will get eye herpes or catch it somewhere...I won't be kissing her we will be having sexual contact but no kissing...using different pillows....and I will give her plastic cups,plastic forks etc...Should I just tell her to not come over until it heals? Please someone with extreme knowledge answer me,I have been googling myself to death.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
bump can someone answer
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
you both have hsv1 so it's basically a non-issue for you two. err on the side of caution and don't perform oral when you have active oral symptoms.

even if you didn't already have hsv1, sleeping in the same bed with her isn't a risk at all.  same as sharing food and utensils as an adult isn't a risk either.  

grace
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank