My risk at contracting HSV-2? Anxiously waiting for the results
Dear all,

I had protected sexual intercourse with a stripper whom status is obviously unknown, but I would conclude high risk. I tested after 12 days for STDs, the only positive I had was HSV-1 which I knew was from my childhood as I broke out twice age 12 and 15 on my lower lip. Now, week 4 I just retested for HSV-2?

Knowing that I tested negative after 12days, my doctors claims that it is harder for a man to contract genital from a random encounter with a woman, I used a condom, no oral sex was involved, how likely am I to be tested negative at 4 weeks?

Please help.
You can still be infected with HSV2 despite wearing a condom, although it helps reduce the chances significantly. As you know, it is indeed hard to be infected being a male.

The test at 12 days for HSV will not tell you anything about the outcomes of the encounter with the stripper. Practically no infected person will test positive on a commercial blood test for antibodies at 12 days. About 50% of people who are infected will test positive at 4 weeks.

For someone with HSV1 antibodies, the most common symptom on infection is actually nothing at all.

Most probably you were not infected with HSV2 as a result of this encounter. A test at 16 weeks is required to be conclusive in a negative.
I do have any symptoms matching the HSV-2 at 4 weeks, am I somewhat almost safe from HSV-2?
I meant do NOT
I do NOT have any symptoms matching the HSV-2 at 4 weeks, am I somewhat almost safe from HSV-2?
The original episode only had a tiny chance of infection subject to a lot of ifs...if she had HSV2, if she was shedding in sufficient quantity, if this was rubbed sufficiently firmly on the area outside of your protected area...

Absence of anything, symptoms and antibodies is only conclusive in the negative at 16 weeks. Anything you do in the meantime is just trying to catch evidence of an infection.

You were quite safe in the first place, only 16 week outcomes will eliminate that tiny, tiny chance of infection.
Thank you.