Herpes Community
Neonatal herpes

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Neonatal herpes

Every time I read about herpes to baby and chances of transmitting the virus to the baby is mostly reffering to genital herpes 1 and 2, so what if I got herpes somewhere else for the first time during the first trimester? What are the odd of baby getting herpes that way?
Hi, the only other area you can get herpes is oral and that would not affect the baby during the birth. Very rare it can get on the fingers called whitlow but so rare not even an issue.
im sorry, what i mean is threw the utero, congenital herpes if i got herpes for the first time in the first trimester of pregnancy.
Its very rare for congenitial (congenital) herpes to occur and when it does happen, some doctors believe its from primary herpes meaning they contracted it early in the pregancy. Ive read less than 5% to some experts saying they never heard of it happening at all.
The biggest risk is during birth.
yea, thats what i was scared of because i think i might have gotten hsv1 in the  10th week of pregnancy so i was just wondering what the odd are, i didnt get it in my genitals.