Herpes Community
No outbreaks but constant prodromal symptoms

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

I had unprotected sex with a female (insertion about 3 times for a duration of 15 seconds) and unprotected oral sex for duration of two minutes about 30 days ago.  After day 1 of exposure I felt a slight tingle on the penis head.  Went to clinic on day 3, they did a swab and gave me rocephin shot, azitromycin, and flagyl. After day 4 started getting a senstation comparable to when you put icy-hot on around my groin and thigh areas.  This sensation lasted ten days.  I tested negative for Chalmydia, Gonorrhea, Herpes, HIV, UTI, Trich, and so on (tested twice after day 3 and day 5).    In the meantime, I saw an urgent care doctor and he did not see any herpes blisters, and a urologist that said he didn't see anything. After day 14 the opening or urethra of my penis started getting red and inflammed.  It did not hurt to urinate but definitely feels unnormal.  That has been going on and its day 30, now the icy hot burning sensations have come back on, opening still red, pelvis, lower body ache, general run down feeling. No visible blisters seen.  I understand the blood test was done early, but no one has diagnosed my problem.  The UC doc just gave me tylenol 3.  Just wondering what the next step should be.  Thanks
Tags: prodromal, Herpes, penis red, no outbreak
these don't sound like herpes symptoms going on. you would've had obvious  lesions by now if you had contracted herpes.

typically the icy hot feeling is a fungal infection going on, not herpes.

grace
thanks for your reply grace.  i waited before i wrote back to you to see if i could follow up with your suggestion. i saw a urologist and said he saw maybe a slight jock itch. he gave me some nystatin, but the sensations have been there for a week now.  
i have a follow up question.  are herpes lesions always a result of the prodromal symptoms? i have done some searches and there have been a few people who mention that they have the symptoms but never notice an outbreak, and they confirmed positive with HSV.  i was wondering if that was the category i could be in.
my nodes in neck are still swollen and the burning feeling is more of that tingle and itch that most people describe on the forums.  i have reason to believe because my encounter was unfortunately with someone who doesn't appear exactly as the cleanest person.  thanks for you reply.