Herpes Expert Forum
One Red Bump

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

One Red Bump

In the past I was told I have Molluscum-if I recall- started in 2010..  Had it removed and then had one bump return again, on two occasions in 2011.  But that seemed to be the end.  At the end of 2012, I saw what I thought was another(I had been sexually active again)  It was removed.  I thought I had a recurrence again in Feb 2013.  They were removed.  I am not sure they were molluscum.   The doctor I see knows I worry and he seemed to zap any bump I pointed to to make me feel like I was in the clear, but I am not sure.

In April I noticed a few more a couple days after having unprotected oral and protected vaginal sex.  THE woman I had sex with said she is tested regularly and was fine.  I watched these tiny bumps and they went away in two to three days.  Then a few more that did the same.  So, I think this cannot be MOLLUSCUM or herpes.  Each dot looked the same. pinkish, very tiny.  Some were in the pubic region and went away the others were in the groin upper thigh area and went away.

Now 12 days after the encounter, on the opposite side of the first bumps I see a red dot.  Not the tiny pinkish dots, but more of a deep red.  It does not seem to be painful- although since finding it, I am noticing sensation but, I think that may be anxiety.  The day before I did not feel anything and was very positive.

On Monday the 15th, I went for STD testing.  Neg for everything, except HSV 1- which I had been positive when I tested for STD in years past.  

I know that The HSV 2 test, HIV  and Syphilis are to early, but they do rule out anything 6-12 week before?  

My question is does a single red dot, in the groin area sound like herpes?  The pics I see seem to show clusters and the experts here seem to say that in most cases it shows up on the penis in men and rarely in the groin.  

I did call to get an appointment to have it looked at tomorrow, but in the meantime, I was hoping for some insight.  Thanks
No, this does not sound like herpes to me.  Most people have some bumps in the genital area, particularly men.  Can you tell if there is a hair coming out of the bumps?  If yes, then I would consider folliculitis as a cause.

Terri
As an update I noticed what appers to be a second bump an inch to and inch and 1/2  above the red dot.  This is more skin  colored or pink.  I could just be starting. Not sure.  It in not highly visible and I may have not noticed it if it were not for the red dot.
Oh, also, molluscum is not a recurrent disease like herpes.  I wonder if all these episodes you describe were really molluscum.

Terri
One bump certainly has a hair(I noticed a third last night which has the lighter pinkit look like the ones that went away earlier)..   I was inclined that way. then my mind races-I thought the docotr may have been zapping the bumps to give me peace of mind- that something was done to get rid of the things and then I could relax.  I have an appointment today, but am still worried.
Went to PP clinic-told it was not HSV, or wart or Molluscom-just an irritation that is normal and could be anywhere on the body.  Anxiety just makes me think the worst when it is in the genitla area.  Thank you for your help.  Your long distance theory seems to have been spot on.  
You are most welcome, good for you for going to get checked out.

Terri