Herpes Community
Oral HSV1

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Oral HSV1

Grace thanks for all the work you put into the replies. I think I already know the answer but here it goes anyways.

Expose to HSV1 & HSV2 3 years ago. Recieved oral and inserted fingers into a woman vagina. I have tested four times since then with IgG test all negative for HSV at 16 weeks, 6 months, 1 year and 3 years, I also did one WB around two years after exposure. I also had a culture done on this irritation I keep getting in the corner of my mouth/lips.  The original sore had tingling on my lip but when I squeezed it it was hard to puncture and puss did eventually come out along with blood and then some fluid. this was on the lip border. I again have a sore today on the corner of my mouth. The iritation looks liek it is on bothsides of my mout this time and I did squeeze it an only clear fluid came out today it looks raised again with more fluid in it.

1. From all I read this does not sound like a typical herpes outbreak

2. All my test are negative and yes I do understand there is a margin fo rerror of at least 10% on HSV1 for reasons know one understands other that the body does nto produce enough antibodies to be detected.

3. The filling up with flui again have you ever heard of that?

4. the original sore looked more like a cut? herpes?

5. The bumps I have what coudl those be they are there almost all the time?

6. Could this be angular Chelitis? Perleche?

Thank you for answering the questions
the best thing to do is the next time when it first appears, be seen within 48 hours of the appearance for a lesion culture and typing to rule out hsv1.   if the swab comes back negative, most likely cheilitis.

sometimes tartar control, whitening, "complete" formulations of toothpastes can cause these issues too. if you are using anything but plain toothpaste and mouthwash, switch to see if that helps too. same as cinnamon flavored toothpastes and chewing gums can be a culprit too.

grace
Thank you for answering the questions. I actually had some kind of irritation on Thursday the comer of my muth was split and it looked liek I had irritaion on both sides on my mout with inflamed tiny papules. They are all gone and siince thenthe spot where the slit was is already healing. where are the inflammed papuls were they are fine now this all happened within three days start  to finish. I have a very small scab on the one spot. I am guessing based on this probably not herpes especially with al the negative test I have already had.