Herpes Expert Forum
POSSIBLE HERPE URETHRITIS/HIV

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

POSSIBLE HERPE URETHRITIS/HIV

DOC, ABOUT A MONTH AGO I HAD UNPROTECTED ORAL SEX AND VAGINAL BUT THE CONDOM BROKE ,ONCE I REALIZE IT HAVE I WITH DREW ; ABOUT WEEK LATER   START
EXPERIENCE URETHRA PAIN,I DID A REALLY STUDIP THINK AND WHEN AND SELF-MEDICATE MYSELF
WTH DOXY 100MGX2 7 DAYS.CEFIXINE 400MG SINGLE DOSE,IT HELP SOME BUT STILL HAD SYMPTOMS, I BROUGHT A HOME STD KIT AND TEST MYSELF AND THE RESULT WERE NEGATIVE FOR CHLAMYDIA/GONO, BUT TRUE
TO FORM I DID ANOTHER OF DOXY ; STILL SAME
PAIN.I HAD NO BURING DURING URINATION OR DISCHARGE AT AL, MY QUESTION IS COULD THIS BE HERPE URETHRITIS BECAUSE THE ANTIBOTIC (antibiotic) DIDN.T WORK I  READ
ON THIS SITE THAT HERPES AND HIV (rarely) CAN BE AQUIRE THRU ORAL SEX I FEEL SO STUDIPY FOR ACTION SELF TREATING  ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPERICATE
The antibiotics that you took would have treated gonorrhea and chlamydia appropriately.  And as your test indicated, you don't have those things.  I think it would be unusual to have herpetic urethritis in the absence of any skin symptoms of herpes.  It can take up to a couple of weeks after treatment with the correct antibiotics for urethral pain to go away.  The cells inside the urethra have to heal up, and because you use your penis for peeing and for sex, it can take a while for that to happen.   I"m not sure how long this has been for you at this point.  How would you rate the amount of pain that you have on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the worst possible pain that you can imagine?  I'm trying to get at how big a deal the pain is vs. worry about a possible STD exposure.

Terri
ON SCALE 1 TO 10 MY PAIN IS ABOUT 4 AND THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR A MONTH NOW
ms. warren  rn,
i forgot to mention that
the pain during the day come and goes  it,s like mild-moderate stinging sometime i don.t notice it for couple hours and then it returns also i like to mention that when i lie down in bed   my
penis become erect and when i get up and move around it return to normal could this be inflamntory respone to a infect just wondering???
With a 4 pain level, this is quite significant.  I'm sorry, but I don't know what might be going on here.  I hope you will seek another medical opinion.

This is the last post that I will make on this thread.

Terri