Herpes Community
Pimple like rash on genitals

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Pimple like rash on genitals

Hello all,
Almost three weeks ago while facing some tremendous stress I started to break out on my penis. The best way for me to describe it is the were very small painless pimples. Mostly on one side of the shaft and a couple on the head. After looking online I was of course scared that it might be HSV. I've never had any STD and have not had any risky sexual encounter for over a year now. I wanted to be sure this wasn't a rare outbreak of HSV so I went and got tested. I did the igg test and tested negative for both types 1 & 2. I'm still trying to figure out what this is. Many of the pimples are starting to fade a little although they have changed little in appearance. I recently foolishly tried to express one that seemed ready to pop. The next morning a couple more appeared near that one. Anyway, I just wanted to at least be sure I can check HSV off the list of possible suspects. How reliable is the negative igg result? Can I at least put that concern to rest? Thanks for the help.
these really don't sound herpes related at all.

did you just get testing done or did someone examine you too?

grace
I haven't had an examination yet. I did the testing first just to eliminate that fear and anxiety. I've been washing with some acne soap and trying to keep it clean and not look at it or mess with it too much. Many of them seem to be starting to go away now but of course not as fast as I'd like. I'd at least be able to cross HSV off the list of possible suspects. I just wasn't sure how reliable the igg test was. I think it was herpselect.
oh don't use an acne soap on your delicate genital skin!!! It's much too irritating and will cause more issues than it helps. Use a genital soap like white dove.  You don't want to over dry your skin out down yonder and start thinking you have more issues going on!

no reason to think this is a herpes issue at all.
Ok thanks Grace. I kind of knew that HSV was a long shot but it caused enough anxiety in me I thought it best to get tested and put it to rest. Frankly I'm amazed at the amount of misinformation about herpes out there and I knew this website would be a good source to turn to. Anyway, I will try not to obsess about it and harm it with harsh chemicals. It's funny how a rash in that area can cause so much more anxiety than a rash on my arm. It's embarrassing but I guess if it doesn't clear up soon I will have to go see my doctor about it. I at least wanted to put the worry of HSV to rest. Thanks for helping with that.
meant gentle soap....lol