Herpes Expert Forum
Test Question
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Test Question

Hi Terri -

I was reading through some of your older posts and noticed that someone who had a HSV2 reading over 5 (forget number) and HSV2 of 1.46, you said there was an 85% of it being false positive?  What would you think about HSV1 5.2 and HSV2 of 3.0?  I have never ever had any symptoms....Thanks...
55646_tn?1263664409
Sorry I missed this post for a couple of days.
Someone who has an index value of >5 is almost certainly infected with HSV.  In your case, we would confirm you 3.0 with a second test, though I must tell you, it would very likely confirm.  But I would still order the western blot to confirm the 3.0 index value.

Terri
4 Comments
Blank
55646_tn?1263664409
Sorry I missed this post for a couple of days.
Someone who has an index value of >5 is almost certainly infected with HSV.  In your case, we would confirm you 3.0 with a second test, though I must tell you, it would very likely confirm.  But I would still order the western blot to confirm the 3.0 index value.

Terri
Blank
Thank you, how would one go about doing the WB?

Blank
Also, what are your thoughts about a BioKit?  Don't most people have an initial outbreak in the least?  
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
55646_tn?1263664409
Terri Warren, RN, Adult Nurse Pr...Blank
Westover Heights Clinic
Portland, OR
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now