Herpes Community
Test options

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Test options

About 7-8 weeks ago I had unprotected sex on a one night stand. I didnt know the girl and although I have had no blatent symptoms, I can tell something isn't right.

I got tested for all STDs I was able to test for and they came back negative. The two that I am left worrying about are herpes and HPV.

The only "symptoms" I have are an ache in my testicles that comes and goes. And an itch/raw feeling in my anus that comes and goes. This started about 10 days after my encounter and hasn't stopped.

I have a red spot on my shaft aswell that is not raised or sore or itchy, just red skin that has been there since about the 10 day mark aswell.

My question is: do these symptoms sound like herpes? and, how can I get tested for herpes? I live in Canada and the doctor told me there is no type specific herpes test available.. Are there options? I would really like to be tested to be sure one way or another.

Another thing. I have no idea why I would be experiencing symptoms in my anus since there was no contact back there. Is it possible for symptoms to occur in places that never had any sexual contact?

This is too big of a coincidence for me to think this isn't somehow sexually related since it has been almost two months of the same irritations and they haven't ceased.

Any suggestions as to what steps I should take?
anyone?
whatever is going on , herpes isn't likely to be the cause and neither is hpv. the chances of both from a one time encounter are pretty small to boot.

A ache in the testicles is not a std symptom.  

herpes lesions will not stick around for 6 weeks unchanged.

Itching in the anal area can be due to fungal infections as well as irritation and hemorrhoids too.

Your provider is wrong - you can get type specific herpes igg blood testing in canada. It's available at most labs there. the caveat is, you have to pay out of pocket to have the testing done.

At this point the best thing to do is to just continue following up on symptoms as needed with your provider and/or a dermatologist. it's time to stop thinking std's as a cause though from the sounds of things.

grace