Herpes Community
Urethral pain- herpes

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Urethral pain- herpes

Hi, one day after unprotected intercourse with my partner I started to get an aching in my urethra. Occasional at first but now it is constant. There are no noticeable lesions or discharge, however when closely examining, some squeezing and manipulation inside the urethra there appears to be red marks (unsure if clusters of veins or blisters).  

I was treated for urethritis about 3 weeks ago (chlamydia was the cause), and it feels similar however, after returning a follow up test for chlamydia as negative I'm worried about what this could be.

Do these symptoms suggest herpes. Of not, should I be concerned about something else eg further infections elsewhere?
almost the exact same thing for me...looking forward to seeing what people think...
Anything on the improve? My synptoms are constant. Penis looks normal just have this discomfort almost all the time. Occassional sharpish pain.

I haven't ruled out that I've disturbed it mechanically upset it by squeezing my penis looking for blisters on te inside.

Similar?
Hey!  Sorry, I just realized you responded.  

Same symptoms (I still feel tingling and discomfort every day in the urethra, and it's been seven weeks post exposure), My test came back HSV 1 - negative (0.10) and HSV 2 - slight positive (1.15).

I've seen a specialist, who said by the test that I have it and just accept it and gave me Acyclovir.  I saw two urologists, both of whom said it doesn't look like herpes, and the fact that the symptoms don't match make them believe it's not that.  (Even the specialist admitted that while he's seen people with herpes with an absence of symptoms, it's strange that I'm having weird symptoms that don't fit at all with the disease.)

Docs checked urine (clean), and Chlamydia and Gonorrhea came back negative.  Have two prescriptions from each urologist...one to treat Trich and one to treat Urethritis.  Both say it's a shot in the dark, but they gave it to me just in case.  Haven't taken either because I'm going to see a dermatologist Monday, and I also wanted to take one more test to see what it says first.  

Just took a second test for herpes Friday.  Waiting on results now.  

Any updates with you?  Let me know.  Maybe we could figure something out between the two of us.
Have a Herpes question?
100,000+ doctor answers