Herpes Community
What it is?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

What it is?

Few months back I had anal sex with my GF and after few days I started having itchy penis. Red patches started appearing on the hed of the penis and around the glans (glands) region. I consulted a doctor(eurologist), who prescribed candiderma cream which seemed to be working. The itchiness/patches goes away when the cream is applied. When I stop applying it, the itchiness cmes back once again within a day. The itching remains almost all the time and hs been almost 6 months, but i experience no other symptom. I visited a dermatologist who asked for a HSV blood test which is due next week.
I am really scared and the world seems to have come to and end. Could it be a symptom of herpes?
Please reply...
Tags: Doctor
herpes wouldnt cause symptoms for 6 months straight. maybe u have dermatitis, psoriasis or another skin irritation. did the doctor think it was anything like that? i would assume (and hope) a dermatologist could tell if it was that. what type of blood test did u get?
Other tests include HIV, Syphilis and CBC(General blood count, which shows higher WBC count). All are non-reactive as per the report. Doctor said that if these tests are negative then some bacterial infection is the culprit. I am just too worried.
One more thing that I missed out is that there are very small rashes at the back of the glans (glands) which are there for few months now. I don't encounter any pain whatsoever.
I agree with Jelyse and would tell  you the same thing.  

The thing about us is that fungal infections impacting our nether regions are hard to get rid of.  They have the PERFECT enviroment down there.  Sweaty, Hot, no light, and lots of moisture.  

I have had a fungal infection on going since janurary. They are hard to get rid of.  Sometimes the medicition has to be changed to something else.  I have used 4 different creams in that area to fix it.  One of the bottles was 200.00.  So keep working with your dermatologist and have them try a different cream if need be.  Remember to keep applying the meidcine to completion even if you think its gone away and don't need to anymore.  
Is there any possibility that herpes could lead to Epididymitis? My Dermatologist told me that I have Epididymitis and he prescribed Ciplox and Zentel apart from the blood tests.
I am not sure if it does or not to be honest. However, Herpes isn't going to stay around for that long either.  You saw a specialist that deals with the skin.  They above anyone would know what to look for when a patient tells them Herpes is a concern.  

I doubt you have Herpes and that caused this problem.  I think you will find that you have an infection and are being treated for that.  Give it time to work.
Thanks a lot to all of you for your replies. I really appreciate. It was a great help.
Not a problem. Good luck!

My reports have come and they say as follows,

HSV 1+2 Igg 0.7
HSV 1+2 Igm 0.3

As the parameter says anything less than 0.9 is negative. But I don;t understand the difference of two tests. And why is the Igg count is so high? What does taht really imply? Btw, it was an ELISA test performed.

Does anyone have any idea?
well for starters you  had the wrong testing done :(  You had the non-type specific testing done which isn't what should've been ordered on you.

that said, you have no reason to suspect herpes from the description of your symptoms. Follow up at this point with your providers and think of non-herpes related causes.

epidymitis is not due to herpes.