What's this? Herpes? PIC att.
Hey all, noticed this today. I admit, I have taken part in some risky activities lately. It doesn't hurt, or sting and doesn't feel like a bump at all. It's not open either. When I stretch it, it's flat. Just visible. No others like it around. Wondering if it's something to worry about or what.

http://tinypic.com/r/f4mkqf/7

Many thanks
we don't look at pictures here. Why not is explained in our read before posting post located under the "important announcements" tab on the forum.

if it doesn't hurt, it probably isn't herpes. see your provider if you are concerned.

grace
Apologies, I'm not sure there is a way to edit my post and remove the link.  It's a very small spot, like the tip of a ballpoint pen.  I didn't feel it, just noticed it.  I would expect something like herpes (from what I've read) to sting, but I tried rubbing it a lot (probably irritated it!) and it doesn't feel any different from the rest of the skin around it.  I put cortisone cream on it and made an appointment with a urologist, but that's next week...I'll watch it and update

One comment...the "Important Announcements" link is not very noticable on the forum page.  I also wouldn't have expected it to be classified as an "Annoucement," rather a "Rule."  I tried looking for rules earlier and didn't see anything that prohibited pictures - usually those are in bold "sticky" posts that always appear at the top.

Thanks!
hey man.saw ur post and i had similar bumps on mine to, real small. THey're on the head thogh, several around the rim. HAve a littel warm/tingly sensation and somtimes a littel pain like a needle idk y. Mine turned out not hsv/herpes thogh. Or any other stds bc i got tested 2x. Going to a derm in few days. Thinking it c/b hpv but idk yet. Hoping not. Let me know what u find out. Good luck hopefully its nuthin!!  JAke
preaching to the choir about the new changes to the forum by medhelp. before we had the read before posting post as a locked post right at the top of the forum that was very easy to see. Unfortunately I've gotten nowhere so far with my complaints about the change :(

this doesn't sound like it's much of anything. your regular provider is a more appropriate person to see for this, not an urologist. Urologists are more for "plumbing" issues than for rashes.

Put hydrocortisone on it and it went away over night.  

Everybody, remember to use protection :-)