Herpes Community
Woke up with a cold sore........really worried!!!

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

I've been reading all the posts and am alittle confused.
Friday  night I performed oral sex on my boyfriend and when I woke up Saturday morning, I had a "bump" on my chin right under my lip, I tried popping it and blood and fluid came out of it.  I've had cold sores all my life and I'm pretty sure this is one.  Back in April, the same thing happened, oral sex friday night and then a cold sore saturday morning.
I called him right after that happened and  he said it's not the most thrilling news and he would keep an eye on things, nothing happened.  Now I'm afraid of having that talk with him again, I don't want to keep putting him through all this and am afraid of passing it onto him down there.  I know he's said he's had cold sores when he was little.  Some posts say it helps protect, others do not.  I'm just really upset over this and just want to tell him to find someone else so he doesn't have to go through this every few months.
Yes, having HSV1 orally does give significant protection against getting it genitally. Not full, but very significant.  
This doesn't sound like a cold sore since it popped up the next day. probably something related to the friction/skin to skin contact of performing oral. Also popping it and blood and fluid came out sounds more like a zit type thing than a herpes lesion.

Should you need peace of mind, next time you get one, leave it alone and be seen that day for a lesion culture and typing.  It's doubtful this is oral herpes though.

grace

Thanks,
it still looks the same.  Like a little red bump, but it did have alittle scab on it today, I went to the beach and was out in the sun all day.  I did take valtrex yesterday, I had a prescription from when I had a cold sore back in April......... would that have prevented it from forming?