Worried about herpes.
So about a week ago.. I had an unprotected sexual encounter with someone I had been talking to for a while. I was the bottom. He ejaculated inside. About a day later, I noticed excruciating pain when I would try to use the restroom. I assumed they were anal fissures. Later that same day, I began to have a fever,sore throat, chills, muscle pain, and a slight runny nose. I had a constant moderate-high fever unless I would take medicine and it would return to a normal temperature. I went to the clinic and ended up testing positive for strep. Since I have started antibiotics, my fever has ended along with muscle aches and chills. I still have a slight sore throat which I think may be due to the canker sores that came up when I was beginning to get sick. They are not painful unless I press on them.. But in the last 2 days, my anal pain has only improved slightly and I have not done the "number 2" for several days. I also noticed red/flesh colored bumps that itch on the cheeks, thighs and around the anus. I am awaiting to receive my Oraquick HIV test.. but am worried about what I may have. Thanks for any responses
you had unprotected sex so you should follow up with full std testing at the proper times. you can get tested for chlamydia, gonorrhea and trich. if they see any signs of herpes when they examine you, they can do a lesion culture and typing now. you should be seen now since you have active symptoms.   you can follow up with syphilis testing after 6 weeks post encounter. after 3 months, you can test for herpes, hiv and hepatitis to cover the rest of the bases.

have you had your gardasil shots for hpv yet?

grace
Yes, I believe I've had shots for HPV when I was in school. I woke up this morning with itchy bumps on the back of my thigh.. they look and feel like mosquito bites, I've been getting these a lot recently on the sides of my hands, arms, and around my thighs. None of the sores around the anus have broke open, but they do still itch. I'm also getting somewhat concerned because I have not had to use the restroom for going on 4 days now.
you need to be seen.