Herpes Expert Forum
anxiety

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

anxiety

hey there, I recently posted in the std forum but i would like another opinion, please give me your insight..this is ruining my life - i live in canada and blood tests are not offered ( the dr. H reviewed my options with me already) here is my story:

- i have had an extremely tiny( barely visible) raw paper cut like thing on my perineum for about 4/5 years straight, every single day it is there, the most it has healed is for about a week.. i have tried EVERYTHING to heal it, steroids, hydrocortisone, yeast infection meds, keeping it dry,wiping with baby wipes, no sex, etc etc.. what could this be?

- i have been itchy around my opening, i always examine extremely close and there is no blisters/sores, just itchy opening, i tried yeast infection medication and no success...

- yesterday i noticed a little sting beside my clitoris and there is an extremely tiny raw cut thing beside it, no change since yesterday, no blisters , its barely even visible

-there always seems to be something bugging me down there.. always itchy or irritated..and i always get this like burning achey (achy) feeling down there ( i think it might be because i focus in on that area of my body)

1. Most of my anxiety is caused by google always saying herpes can appear as paper cuts.. is this really true or does this just apply to people who wave off their symptoms as '' a cut'' when really if they had looked closer there would have been blisters?

2.I have slept with ten people, 5 unprotected relationships, i know that 25 % of people have herpes and most don't know it so i always curse myself thinking that I'm definitely one of those people since i was so permiscuous.. do you think the odds are against me?

3. what can i do to heal this stupid cut on my perineum so i can finally enjoy sex again?

I found dr. H's reply very helpful i am just curious on your opinion, PLEASE help me, i'm filled everyday with anxiety.. thank you doctor

-
I've read over Dr. Handsfield's comments on the STD board and I totally agree with him.

The first thing that suggested to me that you don't have herpes is that you have had these symptoms day after day for years.  Herpes does not behave in that way.  It's symptoms are intermittent, lasting 1-2 weeks with recurrences, sometimes even shorter.  

Yes, herpes can have a variety of presentations, but the timing and frequency of symptoms is important.

I also agree that you should get an antibody test done.  Where in Canada do you live?  Would your doctor be willing to simply draw your blood and send it elsewhere for you?  I think it is outrageous that you can't insist on this test in your country.  I also agree it would like be worth it to travel to the US to get the testing done.  This is the only way you are going to get settled on this question and I suggest that you do it sooner than later.  It sounds like you are really worrying about this.

Terri
thankyou doctor, do you have any idea why my skin does this? should i ask for an estrogen cream or something to heal it? its ruining my sex life completely.. and i have been to the doctor about 5 times for this issue but they always wave it off as nothing..
I honestly don't know what is causing this for you, but clearly it is interfering with your sex life.  Have you checked in with more than one health care provider?  

Terri
yes around 4
Well, if you have seen four health care providers in person, I don't think I have anything to add here.

Terri
i went to another doctor, she thinks i have lichen schlerosis, just a mild case, she prescribed me some steroid cream, fingers crossed it helps, thankyou for your insight doctor
Well, good news that you have something treatable.  All the best with the steroid cream, hope it helps a lot!

Terri
I have painful bumps on both sides of my vaginal lips just inside where the hair stops also one on my butt cheek close to my anus it burns when I pee and a couple days ago they were itchy. What could this be?
It could be herpes among other things.  Please be seen as soon as possible for testing.

Terri