Herpes Expert Forum
confused

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

confused
Yes, I am also confused about my results.  I have had several UTI after having sex with the same person for 6 months.  He was tested for STDs and is negative.  I am negative for everything except HSV 1 & 2.   These are my results:

HSV 1 IGG, SER, OL   0.11

HSV 2 IGG, SER, ON   0.02

HSV IGM      Positive

HSV 2 IGM, TITER   Positive

What exactly does this mean???

Thank you
What matters is the IgG test, and you are negative for both.
I SO WISH someone would give me 250K and I would demonstrate how many false positives there are on this test.  
I would completely ignore your IgM results and pay attention ONLY to the IgG test, this is the far more accurate one.  Both your HSV 1 and 2 are safely in the very negative range.  Those are the numbers that matter!
Do you have any concern that your partner has had another partner, that could possibly mean you have new infection?

Terri
Thank you.

I don't think my partner has been with someone else but I can't be sure of course.

If I do have new infection does that mean if I test again the IgG could be postitive?  How long should I wait?  

Thanks again.
I have you happen to have new infection, yes, there is an excellent chance that future tests would be positive for HSV 2.  

With your UTI infections:  is the lab able to grow out a bacteria from your urine?  If yes, then they don't have anything to do with herpes.

Terri