dissiminated herpes

I am a 31 y/o ICU nurse with questions concerning dissiminated herpes and pregnancy. I've seen a few patients come thru our unit whom we have treated with acyclovir suspecting HSV involvement. All have expired (I'm sure for other reasons). I read about an otherwise healthy pregnant woman who experinced dissiniated herpes and died as a result. The reason this worries me is that we are discussing having a baby and antivirals have never helped a lot with my symptoms. I've tried them all. They do 'touch it' but don't suppress. I lead a healthy life. Eat clean (with the occasional cheat day), exercise 3-4 times a week and seldom drink/don't smoke. I've caught chicken box twice in my life... which makes me question my body's ability to fight this virus. when I caught HSV II (10 years ago) I caught it orally and even had it break out on my chest and neck. it was bad. I still get the occasional lesion on my chest (I've had it cultured).

Am I being too scared about all this. I feel at times I am at the mercy of this virus as I age. I am a very motivated person... staying busy with life but every now and then, thinking of all the negative outcomes associated with this virus stops me in my tracks.

I appreciate your options and support. thanks.
I suggest you pay to post to Terri Warren, our herpes expert here on medhelp for help with your question. she's far more able to answer this than I am.

grace
I'll try to do that soon. Headed to work an overnight :) Thanks for the reply. Life is short and wonderful and I just want to do everything I can to enjoy it to the fullest... to educate myself on the good and bad.

thank you again. i have been around different message boards for years and have always been inpressed at your level of dedication to the herpes community.

have a wonderful day
usually I can handle the questions but this is more up her alley than mine.