Herpes Community
does herpes spread through fingering?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

does herpes spread through fingering?

so my boyfriend has fingered my a few times.  and today he just found out from the doctor that he has type 2 herpes. i have never given him a blow job and he has never given me oral. our genitals have never touched, and we have never had sex. he has only fingered me and i have touched his penis a little. but im afraid that after i touched him, i masturbated myself, so im scared that the herpes could have spread like that. but he never touched himself before he touched me. so my question, is do you think i need to get tested? can herpes be spread through touching like we did?

-lori
It's highly unlikely that you've contracted hsv2 from him thru these actions.

Unless this is the very first bf you've ever had, I recommend getting yourself a type specific herpes igg blood test just to see what your own status is. If you also came into the relationship hsv2+ and never knew it, this is the way to find out.

I also encourage you both to take the time to read the herpes handbook at www.westoverheights.com to learn more about genital herpes in general. Discuss together what precautions you want to utilize to reduce your risk of contracting hsv2 from him after you've read it.  With just the littlest of effort, you are not likely to contract hsv2 from your man :)  

grace
this was the very first boyfriend ive done anything with actually. im 18 and ive been really good about not doing anything with him but now he fingers me.  but i know that i didnt have any std before he fingered me because he was the first guy i did anything with. so does that increase the risk?
You will not contract genital herpes thru someone fingering you unless they had active herpes sores on their fingers at the time which doesn't appear to be the situation here from what you've described.

I encourage you to read more about std's in general at www.ashastd.org.  

grace
thank you so much for helping me. i did read the handbook in the link you gave me. and  your information was very helpful:D
i am also slightly concerned because i found what seems to be maybe a pimple or something on  one of the outer lips of the vagina. it just seems like extra flesh on the outer lip but is also slightly painful when i try and squeeze it. do I need to be worried out this?
If it worries you, see your provider and have it looked at.  don't continue squeezing it.

grace