Herpes Community
fear of herpes could this have just came from severe yeast infection?? ...

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

fear of herpes could this have just came from severe yeast infection?? plz help

So here's the issue, this psst week about last Sunday I noticed a yeast infection coming along! Because I had a sinus infection I used penicillin and a combination of other drugs! So I tried putting apple cider vinegar in that area but forgot to dilute it and it burned like heck..the next morning I woke up to 2small pimple like blisters on the lip of my vagina. They didn't hurt just swelled and later that day they shrunk. I didn't have swollen glands or pain in this area. The next day it looked like a area of scrathed skin. The next day went to my Dr who examined me n said its definitely yeast. She was uncertain about the scar and said it could be herpes or from the yeast so she did a blood test to determine but the results wont be here for a week. IM VERY scared losing sleep and suffering from anxiety now I'm taking miconadale for the yeast infection and it has a area red with tiny bumps afraid this might be another outbreak I'm freaking out because before last week never had anything like this and my boyfriend is somewhat health conscious so I doubt if I got anything from him! I'm confused would a yeast infection ever cause this
vinegar is an acid. You probably gave yourself a chemical burn from the sounds of things :(

odds are that neither you nor your partner have ever been tested for herpes before.  You getting herpes blood testing now wouldn't reflect a newly acquired infection so really your bf should also seek out a type specific herpes igg blood test while this is on your minds.

grace
Thanks grace. I'm hoping the results are negative. I haven't told my partner yet because I'm afraid! So I've been avoiding him. Until I get the results! Do you know how long it usually takes for blood results to come back if I went to the Dr Thursday? And do herpes generally cause pain because I don't feel any just a lil irritated in the genital area but I am taking a anti fungal cream
it can take anywhere from less than a day to a few weeks for results - depends on the clinic.

why not talk to your partner?  isn't your partner supposed to be your shoulder to learn on during times like this?
Yes but I just haven't found the right choice of words and Ive kind of been a little depressed, confused anxiety and all! Plus he just suffered a lost and I don't want to bring on more bad news when I don't even know for sure.   :-(                  Also last night I started to get a few small bumps between my buttocks and vagina they are slightly irritable but not really painful. Do you think this could be another outbreak after 5days? They arent blisters look like tiny bumps.
Or could it be from the miconadale cream. There is alot of hair where they are located
it's never a "good" time to bring up std's - he's there for you to lean on when you need someone to hold you tight and tell you everything will be ok.   We really do keep those fellows around for something besides taking out the garbage and changing light bulbs :)

not unusual to get rashes from yeast or from the treatments. give it time at this point and keep avoiding sex until everything is back to normal down yonder regardless of the cause of your symptoms.
Thanks Grace appreciate your response I feel somewhat better and I will post again with my result soon.
I have another question Grace. About  the rash like pimples under my butt by my vagina so yesterday I decide to boil some hot water and add a hot towel compress to them. When I did that they seemed to pop and leave little spots where they were. And the pain was gone. Just was a lil tender there. But this morning they came back to what look like white heads or white bumps again. So my question is does this even sound like herpes???
no it does not
Hey grace. I'm back with my results and I'm extremely devasted I broke down in the Drs office and haven't stopped crying since then! My results came back positive for hsv2 and negative for hsv1. I asked her was it igg blood testing done she said yes! I asked her for the numbers and she said it wasn't none! The paper. That she was reading off to me just said hsv1 NOT DETECTED. HSV2 DETECTED . SHe couldn't tell me if it was high or low positive. I'm thinking I either contracted it from my last 2 partners the one previously I was with for 3 yrs and I've never had a outbreak never! And my partner now we just started hav!ng sex in July! I'm lost I'm hurt I'm confused! Grace can u offer me any words of encouragement I fear that I will never have a normal life! Marriage children men will hear herpes and run! U thought I followed proper protocol I regret my past I'm stressed and don't know if ill ever be able to cope :-(
My eyes are swollen from crying its like i just got news of hiv i know they are both different but i feel like my life, love life and happiness is over! I will spend the rest of it paranoid constantly looking forsymptoms of an outbreak! And also grace I put triamcinolone on my bumps that I thought were rashes and it even healed them quicker! Not knowing that it was a outbreak! I'm so extremely greatful that I found these forum I know I'm not alone and I also grateful for all the advice u offer grace! It mean so much
Bump
since you haven't had any lesions to culture, you should seek out a herpes WB blood test to see what your status is. your partner should also get tested to be sure of their status. the test you had done still has false positive issues so when there isn't a lesion culture to confirm, you need the WB.
Do you know what kind of test that was taken that would not have a result in numbers like everyone else's?.. she claims it was ***** but with no numbers unless she doesn't know what she's talking about.. should I request a print out? And how do I go about getting a WB?
the herpes WB reports that way ( though I doubt you had that done ), the immunoblot by herpeselect reports that way and also many labs don't report the numeric results and only report with positive or negative.

our read before posting post has info on how to obtain a herpes Wb in the US.
Hey Grace! So I picked up a copy of my results and I have a hard time understanding the second page. I don't know if it was an example of the igg test or mines because its inconclusive with the first page so ill try to write off everything on PG 1 and 2! Thanks.                          DIAGNOSTIC VIEW.                                             DNA SOURCE.   SWAB.                                              HSV 1 DNA.       NOT DETECTED.                             HSV 2 DNA.        DETECTED.                                   HIV 1/2.              NON REACTIVE.                           HSV TYPE 1/2 ANTIBODY IgG see comment.            RpR- Rapid Plsm Rgn NTP. Nonreactive.                      This was on the 1st page                                         now the results on the second page is difficult to understand.           1.) Result comment by contributor system scc _cch      on September 26,2012 9:45.                            Hsv1/2 igg herpesselect type specific.                                  HSV 1 IGG type specific AB >5.00 (h) index.            HSV 2 IGG type specific AB. 4.28 (h) index.           Index 1.10.  Positive.        This assay is type specific and will differentiate between hsv-1 and hsv 2 infections. A single positive result only indicates previous immunologic exposure and the level of antibody response may not be used to determine active infection or disease stage. THIS TEST SHOULD BE REPEATED IN 4-6 WEEKS WHEN NEGATIVE EQUIVOCSL RESULTS ARE OBTAINED IN SUSPECTED EARLY HERPES SIMPLEX DISEASE.          HSV IGM ANTIBODIES W/REFL. TITER CB.              HSV IGM ANTIBODIES          DETECTED.              REF RANGE.    NOT DETETECTED.         IGG.  NOT DETECTED.          HSV TITER.  1:10 (H) titer.               S                   my Question is if my Dr say I tested negative for hsv 1 and only have hsv 2 why would the index be so high for both and the 1st page says DNA swab when she told me she could not swab it cuz of the yeast and sore being almost healed I'm confused on all of this???????                                              
you had a lesion culture done that came back as hsv2+. that wasn't the blood test that was just +.

your hsv2 igg is also positive so this wasn't a newly acquired infection for you. Your 'traumatizing" the genital area with the vinegar along with the infection probably triggered an obvious recurrence for you that made you take notice and be seen.

your partner will also need tested to know his status so that the two of you can decide together what precautions to take from this point forward.
I have a question since my first initial Supposed outbreak 2months ago I haven't had another I haven't been on suppressive therapy I never even got my prescription filled just because I believe in the power of the human body and there is natural remedies and herbs and vitamins  that can substitute for any medicine! never been big on medicine taking .just my opinion..any who my question is for about a month I always get a tingling burning sensation in my vagina butt leg d back area sometimes but mostly in my vagina. I Read on another posting from Dr Terry I believe and it stated that constant tingling of burning is not a symptom associated with herpes! it's usually followed by an outbreak within a few days... and I still haven't had any. this sensation has been going on for weeks if not a month..I check almost everyday for sores.bumps,rashes.none! I haven't really changed my diet I still eat the foods I like chocolate etc! DO you have any idea what this could be? or is this a symptom of herpes??? my partner is overseas and we haven't had any sexual contact and when he gets back he's checking for his status
have you been back yet and gotten retested for yeast and bacterial infections vaginally? if not, that would be the next step to take.

I will schedule me an appt tomorrow haven't thought about that being the case! thanks and also do you know if that statement is true that constant tingling and burning for weeks if not followed by an outbreak isn't a symptom? I just want to know all the signs to look for seeing as tho this is all new to me.. thanks
bump
correct, herpes won't cause constant tingling and burning. typically that's due to other gyn issues.
Hello grace I haven't posted in a while everything was fine not outbreaks or anything but lastnight I got 2hard flesh colored painful pimples under my thigh in between my buttcheeks so I put a hot towel on them for about .30mins and they completely shrunk..put its still tender and painful one of them have left but the other one is tiny and kind of flat..these bumps didn't look like blisters nor did they contain fluid..I went to my Dr this morning and before I could explain everything she says oh its herpes take your valtrex....I'm like but I dont have any other symptoms but a painful bump can u check for anything else..she insisted that it was the cause..I'm not saying that it couldnt but grace why does my dr say any thing in the genital Is due to herpes with out checking for Anything else..I told her these bumps have came before and left scars in the same area that havent left..her reply was oh u probably were picking with them..
it's unfortunate that she didn't do a lesion culture while you were there. they actually do not sound like herpes going on.   recurrences of herpes typically are not more than 1 lesion nor are they hard usually.  
Hey grace thanks for responding can u tell me what do u mean by reoccurence isn't more than one lesion I was confuded by that. thanks
usually recurrences of herpes are a single lesion. they can be more than 1 but rarely are.
Hey grace I'm back with another inquiry. I mentioned in a few other post about these hard flesh colored pimples that keep Popping up in the same area right under my butt cheek between my thighs near my pubic hair..as I said these bumps will go away and leave with a hot towel and ease the tenderness..so I had them pop up again today and just a while ago I put a hot towel on them and now there gone..I don't know if these could be clogged sweat glands or what I thought maybe it could be another outbreak but not sure and a lot of other websites contradict the advice u give so I just come here to ask my concerns..have u ever heard of herpes blisters shrinking or leaving with a hot towel or do u have any idea what this sound like I do plan on finding me another Dr because mystigmatize herpes and never trys to look for other issues that could b the cause..thx for all your advice
not many other websites have trained medical folks who know what in the heck they are talking about responding either dear.   You get far better help here for free than you do on most sites :)

these aren't herpes symptoms. I suggest perhaps a dermatologist at this point. you can start your visit with one even if you don't have symptoms so that that way they can get you in on a day you do have symptoms to show them.
Thank u so much I definitely will do that
Hey grace sorry to keep bothering u with the same ol questions..so I went back to the gyn today because in order to be seen my a dermatologist with my current insurance I need a referral from her..so I described the situation again to her and she did a lesion culture this time..she did find out I had a yeast infection but she keeps telling me my sores look like herpes and she will not refer me to a dermatologist because its nothing they can do..I even mentioned that I've been speaking to a herpes expert and that u don't think these are symptoms..I just feel like nobody in my city will listen to my concerns or further test me..   its so frustrating to not know if my symptoms are another condition.. grace being a carrier and having knowledge of the virus have u ever experienced or heard of herpes bumps or blisters that will pop or shrink with a hot towel and the lesions /ulcers are very tiny and in the same form as they were as bumps not forming one big ulcer .my bumps were hard not soft..are herpes bumps soft or hard..I'm sorry for the repeated questions I just want to know if I'm having a real outbreak when this happens or suffering from something else and for the second time these bumps have came during my yeast infection..
Most of these drs and gynecologist suck in my area when it comes to herpes if I hadn't came across this site I would of had so much conflicting information about this virus I wouldn't know what it really was or the symptoms thank god for experts..
your regular provider can give you the referral. just give them a call and ask them if your gyn is refusing to. you also can give your insurance a call and discuss this with them and often they will grant you the 2nd opinion without a referral from a medical provider too. sometimes you have to be very persistent ( and insistent ) with your insurance!

sometimes it is hard to tell what is herpes and what isn't :(  multiple lesions at this point or anything hard to the touch wouldn't be herpes related.