Herpes Community
herpes symptoms

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

herpes symptoms

Hi grace
this is a desperate cry for urgent help.
exactly 9 days agao i had oral sex with a woman who otheriwse claims to be perfectly healthy.
out of sheer intuition i wanted to get my self checked as this was the first time after 22 years of marriage i had sex outside my marriage.
i was alarmed becoz of the small blisters i had on my thighs one of which pained.
i was tested for HIV, VDRL and urin RE. all were normal. results for HSV 1 & 2 are coming soon and i am facing extreme anxiety.
i hv researched on the net and read a lot.
it appears that some of the symptoms are there like back ache, itch in groin and buttocks. but i had these earlier also. it has been 9 days now and some how i am anxious.
i usually clean my genitalia area with a hair removing cream and i hv had earlier bouts of intense itching feelings. butg this time the anxiety seems to be getting me. i also have a case of high uric acid. where do u think i stand
PS please reply at the earliest within hours if possible. also the lady in question says that she has never had any of the tpical symptoms of herpes
regards Shankar (India)

I removed your other 2 posts that were the same as this. please read our read before posting post on the forum to familiarize yourself with the guidelines of posting here.

so you received oral sex and now have blisters on your genital area?  did they do a lesion culture on them?

grace

grace
Dear grace
no lesion culture has been done
in fact  i am waiting for my HSV 1& 2 results.
in the mean time all this reading on the net has caused extreme anxiety including mild fever 99. 4 or so.
i am fatigued - lack of sleep and appetite and sheer nervous breakdown which i have tried to keep under control.
the lady in question says that she has never had any kind of lesions, on genital or mouth areas.
our liaison lasted for not more that 2 mins of which oral was perhaps less than a min. yet when i read the symptoms i tend to relate them. there has been no puss or any discharge ( i feel scared to mention them ) as they might re appear. today is the 10th day. minor non hurting bumps r there on the penis shaft but i guess they were always there.  
plz guide. and sorry for being so troublesome
also the blister i mentioned were seen by the doc and diagnosed as an inborn hair. in fact i had used a hair removing cream to clean the genital area and that has given me itching earlier also. plz consider that i hv been tested as negative for VDRL, HIV as of now. is ther a requirement for furthur tests later
thanx in anticipation god bless
blood testing for herpes was too early at this point. best to be seen again today if you can for a lesion culture and typing of symptoms.

only gonorrhea , chlamydia and ngu testing of urine was accurate 9 days post encounter.
Dear Dr Grace
does any kind of HSV infection cone on the fingers.
what is ngu?
also if the lady in question has never had any out breaks is it possible for me to hv contacted HSV.
how long should i wait before i get another test.
there hv been no lesions but small non hurting(thank shiva) blips on the base of penis shaft is ther a possibility they will develop later.
and talking to u does help u know ppl like u r god sent. i am thankful to be able to talk 2 some one.
thanx from the bottom of my heart
I am not a doctor. you have to pay to get a doctor's opinion.

ngu is non-gonococcal urethritis

you can have herpes lesions on the fingers. typically it's very painful. it's only contagious when an outbreak is present.

you can repeat your herpes igg blood testing 3 months post encounter but go and be seen today for your symptoms.
sorry for being such a bother
could u plz throw some light on the fact that the very brief encounter we had and the fact that the lady has had no previous history of HSV be a reason to assume that i am being an alarmist.
Dear Grace
today i got the results for HPV1 & 2 and they are negative. but there are still some very tiny pin pricks on my thighs and they do not have colorless liquid. these are in the area where i had cleaned my hair with a removal cream.
despite the result the anxiety persists.
kindly advice.
hpv is a different virus.

your herpes testing you had done now, only reflects your status prior to this partner.

continue to follow up for your symptoms with your providers.
Dear Grace
hello again and if i can bother you again.
my test result show IgG 0.02 and IGM 0.25.
when i checked on the net it appears to be negative and that is what my doc has told me.
as u said that these results show my condition before i had this unfortunate encounter. HOW LONG SHOULD I WAIT FOR MY NEXT TEST.
THERE ARE NO LESIONS AS I HAD CHECKED ON THE NET but small pimples appear on the inner side of my thighs. i will be seeing the doc again tomorrow. and these pimples are in the area where i had cleaned my hair.
also as i mentioned earlier there has been a mior itch but i used to always have that even prior to this encounter.the are where i live is very humid. confusion still prevails and worry/ stress levels are very high. what else should i look for at this point in time as an indication
regards    
3 months post encounter fo rherpes testing
Have a Herpes question?
100,000+ doctor answers