Herpes Community
rash on penis

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

rash on penis

Ok so maybe someone can give me some information to get this resolved.  I am 21 years old, and about six months ago I had unprotected sex with a random girl.  Well by the title of post "rash on penis" and the unprotected sex with girl everyone automatically goes "Its Herpes", which it could be.  I have a redish or pink but not blood red rash on the side of my shaft in the middlethat itches and slightly burns.  It itches worse some days than others but always does.  I also notice itching on the sides of my scrotum and where the penis touches the scrotum.  No rash really visible there.  The opening of the penis will inflame up occasionally.  I haven't had any ulcers or lesions etc, etc.  I went about a month after and got all the std testing which came back neg.  I then went back about 2 weeks later and got it done again with the type specific HSV 2 test thrown in there.  It was also neg.  The thing is that for about 5 months now I have had this rash with no relieve.  I thought maybe it was a yeast infection so I got the monistat 7 from the drug store and tried that, which seemed to make things worse and kinda seemed like it was burning my skin.  This is very aggrivating and annoying, but I can deal with it.  My biggest concern is my new g/f because I do not want to transmit anything to her.  I have looked up forum after forum without any luck.  If anyone has had anything similar or found a resolution I would be up for trying it.  Thanks ahead of time for any insight.
A rash that is there for 5 months absolutely is not due to herpes.  Sounds more like you have a fungal infection going on. see your provider for further evaluation and information about treatment.

grace
Avatar n tn
You could also try:

1. Use baby powder for 3-4 days to see if it helps to "dry" out the rash;

2. Get your doctor to prescribe you "Nystatin and Triamcionlone Acetonide Cream". I used this before for a past yeast infection over 3-4 days and it helped.