Herpes Community
semen and herpes

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

semen and herpes

can herpes be spread through semen? Am i at risk to get herpes if i get my boyfriend's semen in my mouth? (he has herpes)
No herpes is not spread through bodily fluids just skin to skin contact.

I encourage you to read the herpes handbook at www.westoverheights.com for terrific info on herpes and how to reduce your risk of contracting herpes from your bf.

it's not the fluids that is the risk as much as the sex act itself - whether it's oral sex or genital sex.

Is your bf on daily suppressive therapy?

grace
no my boyfriend isnt on daily suppresive therapy, because he doesnt really think he has herpes. he did get tested and the test showed that he had it, but he has never had an outbreak, and the guy at the place where he got it tested said that the test was so close that if he got retested he might test negative.
You two are playing russian roulette then?

If his test results are borderline then he needs to get retested to confirm his status.  Why worry about his having herpes if he really doesn't have it and why pretend he might not have it if he really does?  With precuations you can significantly reduce your risk of contracting it from him so it's well worth following up on this.

grace