semen and herpes
can herpes be spread through semen? Am i at risk to get herpes if i get my boyfriend's semen in my mouth? (he has herpes)
No herpes is not spread through bodily fluids just skin to skin contact.

I encourage you to read the herpes handbook at www.westoverheights.com for terrific info on herpes and how to reduce your risk of contracting herpes from your bf.

it's not the fluids that is the risk as much as the sex act itself - whether it's oral sex or genital sex.

Is your bf on daily suppressive therapy?

grace
no my boyfriend isnt on daily suppresive therapy, because he doesnt really think he has herpes. he did get tested and the test showed that he had it, but he has never had an outbreak, and the guy at the place where he got it tested said that the test was so close that if he got retested he might test negative.
You two are playing russian roulette then?

If his test results are borderline then he needs to get retested to confirm his status.  Why worry about his having herpes if he really doesn't have it and why pretend he might not have it if he really does?  With precuations you can significantly reduce your risk of contracting it from him so it's well worth following up on this.

grace
I've had a very similar result when I got tested about a year ago. The blood test came back that I was 1.57 (>1=Positive). Then I went to get retested and it came back .76 (<1.=Negative). Same idea. Never had Herpes symptoms either. I took the Herpes test that counts the anti bodies. If I don't have herpes why do I have the antibodies for it?
Hi, it would be best to post your own questions in the future but to answer your question here, its not that antibodies are found but there are proteins that antibodies respond to and this response is measurded in numbers.
Thank you for your timely response and thank you for informing me how to use these forums. I'm an old dog trying to learn this web world etiquette, still. But I find that these forums cut right thru all the internet speculations. I'll do just that and post my detailed follow up question in a new post. Thank you and those out there that help us with our concerns