Herpes Community
toilet water

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

toilet water

Can herpes live or survive in dirty (unflushed) toilet water that contains fecal matter and for how long?  Can it survive in fecal matter outside of the human body?  Is it even found in fecal matter?

Is there any definitive info on this specific question out there, besides the posts about it not living on inanmate objects or surviving well out of the body?

I am looking for real medical info or research, not opinions.  

Tags: Herpes, toilet
You won't contract any of the major STD's from a toilet because the air and toilet water will render the HIV virus inactive.
herpes is a direct skin on skin contact std. it's not something that would live long in water as well as it's not an issue from just having used a nasty toilet.

are there specific studies on toilet water or contact with stool on this? no there are not.

grace
If you use a plunger in the toilet and some of the water gets on the floor and or on your clothes are you at risk of getting herpes?
I always enjoy a nice easy question!
The answer is zero, pure and simply zero.
While I was using the bathroom the toilet got plugged. I used a plunger and some of the toilet water got on my foot and before I realized I walked around my house. Are the floors contaminated now? Am I at risk of speeding it from the floor to my hand then to my face? I don't have herpes but my sister that uses that bathroom does. Please help, I'm freaking out! Thank you for taking the time to see my question. I'm sorry if this is repetitive but I'm just so scared
No need to be scared, herpes cannot spread the way you suggest. It simply is not in the toilet. Herpes is not bio hazardous, it requires skin to skin contact.
So even if I drink toilet water ( which I wouldn't GROSS) you wouldn't get herpes?