Herpes Community
tongue herpes

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

tongue herpes

hi,can anyone help me as to what tongue herpes is like as i keep getting red sore patches on both sides of tongue theystart very small and seem to spread but always either side of tip of tongue also mouth seems to hurt all the time and tongue is whiteish,they take about a week to 10 days to heal and return back to normal,then tongue seems ok for a 3 weeks then it starts again,its also very sore but does not seem to hurt when i eat,i also get pain in left side of neck at same time, any advice welcomed? testing to date seen oral surgeon does not think its thrush did full blood count all normal got tested for herpes 1 and 2 igg at 6 weeks 12 weeks and 20 weeks after last sexual activities, i am very stressed at moment.
anyone
anyone any ideas?
this is very unlikely to be oral herpes going on. Have you been seen yet by your provider?

Also google geographic tongue too.

grace
hi grace, yes i have seen many drs and eventually a oral surgeon but this was 1 year after testing and he also called it geo tongue, what is geo tongue and what causes it , i have never had it before my risk but have been stressed 24/7 eversince

steve
did you google it like I suggested?

grace
yes i did, but why should it start after all these years?, i still wonder weather it is related to my risk in anywayas it started about 5 months after, how much can i rely on my herpes testing? and how would herpes on the tongue present itself?.

steve
they don't know what triggers geographic tongue but it's fairly common ( and painful at times too ).  

herpes doesn't typically reoccur on the tongue and not in the pattern that you've described. You have no reason at this point to doubt your testing you had done.

grace
thanks grace, it could be the 18 months of stress over this incidence causing it.

steve