J am joe from germany. Having no possibilities to get good information on herpes in Germany J went on a long search to find this forum. J already read your book and the book of Dr. Sacks, but still J have different questions about transmission, which is my most concern. Hope my English will fit. J got herpes about 2 years ago in a very confusing time of my live and still J find it very hard to live with herpes. Despite of herpes, my live has much improved, J married and we want children. But J am very anxious about transmission to my loved ones, because J have herpes 2 on my scapus (just where the condom ends) and also herpetic withlow (proofen on HSV 2) on one finger. Also J´m afraid to have hsv 2 on my mouth. J have no proof but J am afraid. May you help me to reduce the stress in my mind and to live a conscious goog life. Here are some of my questions:
1. Is there also a asymptomatic sheeding in my hand, better never give anybody my hand. Never touch anybody with this hand. Hard if J meet children.
2. If J went to toilet, J touch my clothes and belt. After washing hands sometimes J touch again these belt, will J transmit the herpes trough my hands to others?
3. Assumed J would have oral hsv 2. When J touch my mouth (no outbreak) and than J touch other people. Will J transmit it. Or if children touch in my face and touch my mouth (small children are doing this), will there be a danger for children to get herpes.
Thank you for listening and hope J get your answer soon.
1. There is not asymptomatic shedding on the hand. the skin of the hand is too thick for virus to be given off when there are no symptoms. Not touching anyone with that hand when you have no symptoms is being way overly cautious.
3. Why do you think you have oral herpes? Have you had lesions on your lips or face that you think is herpes? Even if you do have oral herpes that is caused by HSV 2, it is given off infrequently from the body and will not be transmitted by just someone touching your mouth when you have no lesions.
thank you so much for your reply. It´s very very helpful for me and makes me feel more comfortable.
What do you think about live a responsible life with that herpes on my hand? What do you mean by symptoms J feel like prodromal feelings. It is not always easy to differ if there is a tingling… or something else on my hand.
It is really funny today J got a blister (outside red, inside white) at the lips. So J will go to the laboratory to make a PCR Test. Hope it is not hsv2 on my lips. My wife and me want have children. J would like to kiss them tenderly. But if J have J will be anxious about transmitting. Thinking about this makes me very sad.
Yes, get a PCR test. And ask if it is positive, to get it typed.
Even if you have herpes on your lip, so does the majority of the US population have HSV 1 infection, most of it oral. And they kiss their kids all the time. Best to avoid kissing when sores are present, but the kind of kiss you would give you children is not the kiss you would give a lover, and so transmission risk are very very different.
thank you very much for your reply. It´s great to speak to you and J feel that you will be a great help for me to copy with my herpes trauma. Still J´m very over cautious and can´t relax because J´m afraid J transmit herpes to others. So they also will get traumatized like me.
The PCR Test was negative (they did not open the lesion, just did some swap from the “blister” (don´t look like the blister J get at the penis, but also don´t look like a normal pimple), neither hsv 1 nor hsv2 and what happened was, that the blister or pimple disappeared next day. J have to say that J applied dynamiclear on the spot after J went to the test. Now there is a small red spot there and some scaly skin there.
After J got infected J red in in the web that it is also possible to transmit herpes2 to oral or other places. So J started to check my body suspicious always. J explored some spots at my lips, at the mouth angle …. 4 times J went to the dermatologist and made some PCRs of my mouth. They found nothing. Also J got the information that J have only antibodies against Hsv2 and no antibodies against hsv1. Once a dermatologist said it could be herpes. J went for an PCR and there was no confirmation on hsv1 or 2. J never got a blister like it was on my genitals but J heard about herpes that even a pimple could be an herpes outbreak.
What do you think that?
Even if J red your book and dr sacks J have a lot of questions how to go on in my live with herpes to take care of others, be responsible but not to over cautious. Hope J can ask you all these questions even if they are crazy. Here are some of them:
1. So until now J am very afraid of and try not to touch my mouth or J wash hands after J touch my mouth. Is that over cautious presumed there is HSV2 on my mouth.
2. Occassionally J do some massage practice. Is that ok to do it with the hand where the infection on hsv2 was? (in no outbreak mode)
3. You write in your book that mutual masturbation is not transmitting. Does it mean that my wife can touch my penis and there is less risk of transmission?
Have a nice weekend
I don't think is necessary to wash your hands every time you touch your mouth, no.
It is OK to use your hand normally when you have no outbreak
Yes, if you touches your penis and you have no outbreak, there is no risk of transmitting to her hand.
you were so helpful for me, thank you so. You made me feel much more better to life with herpes.
There are few more questions on herpes and another STD than J think J come to an end with questions.
1. Assumed J have hsv2 oral, if J eat with people from the same plate is there a risk of transmitting or if it happened that my child drinks from my glas by chance.
2. J have also a question on an other STD J got along with herpes two years ago. It is already finished and the dermatologists said they have checked my body and the disease is finished. It was well medikated and so also checked other std´s. Everything is ok now. The STD is called ulcus molle (chanroid). Similar with my herpes thinking J have the anxiety that the bacteria of ulcus molle is still every where. At clothes, or at book or gel or somewhere else J thouched after J got it. J already took a lot of things to waste but still there might be something where the bacteria waits for someone. J am very afraid that it will affect some of my loved ones. May you can help me or you know somebody who knows about ulcus molle and can tell me if this is possible or the bacteria is already gone.
Thanks a lot for your help
joe (nikname of jochen)
J went to the phillipin with phillipin friends. We visited their families and J had a short affair with a phillipin women. At that time J was very desperated after J broke a relationship so J went in that situation without having good feelings for her. J used a condom but J got chancroid and J think also herpes. J had no experience with herpes before. It was diagnosed there because it is very common. First it was a docotor in a smaller town. He treated the disease with the common medikation. On my retourn to germany J went to a hospital in manila to get more treatment. Then the urogogist said there is herpes. He again treated both very well. When J came back there only some crusted wounds from the herpes blisters left. Thats the story in short. J like to got to asia, J also studied some time there. But now this feeling is gone. Somehow it was a bad experience but it also helped me to learn about me. After that J started a very beautiful relationship and J married the women (she knows about all).
So you think J must not worry about the bacterias on things in my household?
thanks a lot for your help. Your answers improved my life quality with herpes very much. It´s hard to search in the web and don´t find adequat answers. People can get it from you.
Wish you all the best for your life.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. MedHelp is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.