white blood cell count
about a year ago, i experienced really bad flu-like symptoms followed by one of my first genital herpes outbreaks.  I know that herpes infections can cause flu like symptoms, but my question is can it have an effect on white blood cell count because during that time I had a really low count.  After a couple of days when i went back to the doctor it had risen some and the next time i had went it was back within the normal range.  All I ever hear about when I hear about low white blood cell count is HIV, so I wanted to know if other things can cause it to drop really low.  This was about a year ago and I haven't had any problems like this since, but my mind has been running and wanted to see if you guys had any input. Thanks
I believe you are confusing the low CD4 counts that we associate with HIV and its treatment and prognosis with the total blood white count. WBC count includes granulocytes, monocytes, lymphocytes, eosinophils, and basophils. A low WBC count can be associated with acute viral infections like acute Herpes. Since you count is now normal you will be fine.
I havw herpes and also cancer n MS can herpes be helping my white blood cells to be low most of the times along with my illnesses. Thank you
Where do you get your herpes outbreak in genital area is it on mucousal areas
Sometimes in the genital areas. Thank you.