Do you think this is a genital wart?

I am a 32 year old male and I had protected sex with a woman once about 10 months ago.

One month ago I had very slight itchiness at the base of my penis on the left side.  When I looked, I noticed a red area that looked like two hair follicles that had turned a bit red.  Upon closer inspection I cannot see any hair coming out of the two hair follicles.

When I run a finger over the follicle looking things, I cannot feel a bump, it is not a fleshy growth and it does not feel rough.  It does not look a skin tag.

I have done a vinegar test about 8 times and it has never turned white.

I have had some slight itchiness on the left side of my penis and scrotum for a while now, but I never noticed anything visible until now.

When I pull the skin, it looks the same as all the other follicles that in that area, the ones that have hair coming out of them.  When the skin is not pulled, I can usually see the two "follicles" better than the other follicles that are around it.

It does not look like any pictures of genital warts that I have seen online.

I have an appointment with my GP in two weeks, but in the mean time, I'm wondering if this sounds like a genital wart to anyone.  It's driving me crazy.  This is the 8th different time I'm getting checked by my GP for genital warts in the last 9 months.  Each time has been totally different, but I always seem to think it's a wart.  The thing that makes me so worried this time is because i cant see a hair coming out of it.  

Is it possible to have a hair follicle where the hair is underneath the skin and not visible?

Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Thank you
make an appt. with a doctor or dermatologist :)
Thanks, I do have an appointment with my doctor two weeks from now. 17 days actually.  It's driving me crazy with worry, so in the meantime I'm wondering if anyone thinks the symptoms and description sound like it is HPV.  

I'm mainly concerned because of the itchiness and the lack of a visible hair coming from the two follicle looking things.  The two follicle looking things are surrounded by other hair follicles that do have hair coming from them.

Thank you,
At "X" amount of years into the future, 99.9% of the population will have genital warts and/or high risk HPV. It's the wave of the future for sexually active adults, my man. Ride the wave. Eat some Skittles. Taste the rainbow!

Any other advice or thoughts on whether this is a genital wart or not?

Thanks,
Perrin