Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Genital Warts Clearance
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Genital Warts Clearance

I have seen Dr. Handsfields posts regarding genital warts and clearance time. He notes that after 3+ months of being clear that you can consider yourself "cured" in simplest terms. I have had a couple months of clearance and found one small wart. Then another month or two of clearance and found one more very small wart. They were both so small that I am not sure if they were always there and just went unnoticed or not. After each time I see one more small wart, do I have to "reset" the 3 month countdown? Once the last wart is removed or gone, am I less contagious? I received aldara, and liquid nitrogen treatments. When is it safe again to have sex with a new partner (with little chance of spreading the virus)? Thank you!
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
The 3 months "cured" (some say 6 months to 2 years) is from the time of no warts. Yes, you are less infectious with no warts. The warts come when your body's immune system can't fight the virus. Build up your immune system via a healthy lifestyle and the warts may stop.
Blank
Thank you. So if I didn't have any new ones for a while (lets say two or three months) and this small one I found was just unnoticed from before, does that mean that my body wasn't fighting off the virus and I am no closer to clearance? It can take a long time for my body to get rid of the single wart. Or was my body still fighting it and doing its job, it was just left over from before?
Blank
If this small one was un-noticed from before as you suspect, then this is a good sign. But I still think the all clear sign begins once you have none. What are you doing to help your body figh it?  Prayer?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...