Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
HPV Oral

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

HPV Oral

Okay, so I didn't find out until later that I had genital warts because i started to actually see them and about a month ago a girl gave me a oral sex and we started kissing like a lot of kissing and making out. What are the chances of their being HPV in my mouth and is it possible to spread through kissing someone if it is in my mouth and how would I know it's their?
Yes, it is possible to spread it via kissing, but the risks are low. You cannot tell it is present unless you see warts in your mouth (lips, tongue, gums, cheek, etc). Some dentists or oral surgeons have lights that can detect HPV and some use a rinse to test for it.  If a wart is found, it should be removed and biopsied.  Stop smoking cigs, pot, etc and reduce alcohol drinking as there is proof that these things alone can also result in throat and neck cancers. You should be evaluated by your primary care physician or an otolaryngologist to obtain a complete head and neck examination if you see something.

Here's some links you may want to read and look into.

http://www.oraldna.com/oral-hpv-testing.html

and

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/kimmel_cancer_center/centers/head_neck/HPV_and_head_and_neck_cancer/hpv.html

Well, what if there were white pin sized bumps in the side of my cheeks like in lines and some spread out together. They look exactly like white dots and are painless.
Have an HPV question?
100,000+ doctor answers