Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
HPV or hsv

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

HPV or hsv

3 weeks ago I found a bump in my pubic region right above my penis and thought it was a ingrown hair and thought nothing of it. I trimmed up and found out I actually have more then 1. There is probably 3 in my pubic region and 6-7 on the left base of the shaft that are brownish in color  and also had a open sore kinda looking thing next to them. I also have one in the pubic region that has a white circle pimplish look on the top of it. The sore isnt there anymore its just a red spot kinda raised. I have no itching/pain in my groin region, so its kind of scary as to what it is. I went in to the doctors and spoke to a nurse who said its warts without even looking at it and scheduled me with a doctor for cauterazation? What do you all think?

Also I have been reading for a week straight about it stressing like hell and cant believe this happened to me, but I am wondering that after the warts get removed is the HPV genital warts contagious and can your body kick it after a year or two? And after cauterazation do they ever return? I have been trying to boost my immune system my eating better this week and I plan to for a long time, lifestyle change.

Thanks for any help.
I'd see a dermatologist at this point. could be many things going on but it doesn't sound like herpes. more likely warts, molluscum and/or folliculitis from the sounds of things.  

yes, genital warts are contagious.

yes, genital warts are contagious.
Thank you for a response and glad it doesnt sound like hsv. How long can HPV warts stay around for and the nurse said that after the cauterazation that I wouldnt be contagious.
usually if you have warts removed and they haven't come back in a  year, we consider you cleared of the infection. it's not perfect but it's the best we can do with the knowledge we currently have.
Thank you very much you've been a huge help.