Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
HPV passed from women to men

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

HPV passed from women to men

I understand that HPV is passed via skin to skin contact,and generally needs to be "massaged" into tissue that is not mucosal to be contracted.  I had sex with my girlfriend 9 times, with a condom each time with no genital touching prior to that, and she was just told that her pap-smear is abnormal.  I'm wondering what my chances are of having contracted it.  I'm confident I used the condom properly as well.  I consulted my pathology textbook, and it did not mention anything of particular use to me.  Also the study conducted by UW only examined the chances of women getting it from men (presumably because there is no standard test for men?), so I'm wondering how well those results can be applied to a man.  

This discussion is related to Am I too cautious?.
First you don't know what abnormal pap is so lets not jump the gun.
To get HPV she would need to have an active outbreak to pass it, without that then your chance is really about zero.
Yah she gets a colpo next Monday, I''m waiting on the results.  I'm just worried about the part of her labia that may have touched the base of my penis.  
Did her pap have something more specific than just being abnormal?

grace
She got her colpo done today, they took a bioposy and sent it away to the lab.  They said that it looks like mild displacia and is thus a "high risk" strain, however not a wart causing strain (which I understand to be low risk strains).  
I'm kind of freaking out...I don't know what to do.  I really like her, but if I tell her I don't want to have sex anymore until it clears, it might make her feel weird, and I don't want that.  She's a really sweet girl, if not a little sensitive.