Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
HPV

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

HPV

Is there a possible connection between HPV and oral cancer?
Yes.

Keyword search this forum and you'll find plenty to read about.
I don't know what I'm doing - I typed in "Search this forum" but didn't find anything...I'm really "technologically challenged", Lol!
LOL!  Well, just go to the main page of the HPV forum like you do and you'll see a little box that says "search this community" in it.  Just type in a word or two that correspond with what you want to know more about such are "oral cancer" or "HPV and oral cancer".  I might also recommend going to the Doctor's Forums -STDs forum and keyword search those two terms there.  In fact, do that first as you'll get results from the HPV research doctors there.  

Basically what you'll find is that, yes, there is a connection between HPV and oral cancer.  It's on the rise supposeedly, but the chances of having HPV related oral cancer are still incredibly statistically low and most likely involve other confounding factors.  In a nutshell, it's not worth worrying about.
The reason I'm asking is because I have cancer of the tongue - for the 2nd time. I never smoked, either. Now my doctor says it may be viral. That's why I'm wondering if I might have had HPV at one time or another...Maybe that's why the doctor told me I had "Cell changes" and recommended for me to have a hysterectomy 11 years ago - which I did.